• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like our seat for this one

I like how the overall envelope of guidance has narrowed to a nice event. But I will say the NCEP discussion is correct that the shortwave driving the ultimate track is pinwheeling somewhere just south of the Aleutians right now. If the Euro is correct, some of that might get sampled 00z tonight (Tuesday 7 PM), more likely 12z. Little changes in amplitude or speed may mean some additional tickles east or west. Those could be big factors in sensible weather despite being small shifts in track.

I like the look, but I don't want to see people falling in love with any solution just yet.

I like how the overall envelope of guidance has narrowed to a nice event. But I will say the NCEP discussion is correct that the shortwave driving the ultimate track is pinwheeling somewhere just south of the Aleutians right now. If the Euro is correct, some of that might get sampled 00z tonight (Tuesday 7 PM), more likely 12z. Little changes in amplitude or speed may mean some additional tickles east or west. Those could be big factors in sensible weather despite being small shifts in track.

I like the look, but I don't want to see people falling in love with any solution just yet.

I agree, I think we are all wiser after 12z tomorrow, Should be onshore and sampled by then

Euro is deeper early on but the kickr is def faster...so it might end up a bit east despite 5H being deeper at 48 hours.

It's less and less important to our south.  It's been funny reading the 3 region threads.  Each region sees something different :)

I think we'll see a solution still on the move in later runs.  It may only be 30 miles a run, but that's enough for some of you.

It's less and less important to our south.  It's been funny reading the 3 region threads.  Each region sees something different :)

I think we'll see a solution still on the move in later runs.  It may only be 30 miles a run, but that's enough for some of you.

Seems like for our regions it's about the same from what I'm reading so far.

Def a subtle shift east...prob saves places like ORH and up to ASH from taint on this run...any meaningful taint anyway.

It is still one of the more western runs though overall.

You know how I feel..I think at least up here it'll end up further SE.  Doesn't matter to me, I don't think this is more than an inch or two here before a change over unless it ends up 30+ outside of ACK.

But we're still about 3 days out and given this winters track record I'd say we're still going to see a 60-100 mile bump in the track up here from "consensus"

Looks to go directly over the Cape around 982mb. 25-30 miles SE this run...closer to 12z ensembles actually.

This would have powderfreak going bonkers if he wasn't already expecting the 2 by 4 to the back of the head. Great track for E NY and VT at 5H.

Archived