• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we get some rationale behind this?  :weenie:

Peronally thinking the Euro is too slow with the kicker, but probably has a good handle on the southern stream energy. 75/25 Euro/GFS compromise right now IMO.

FWIW, that was the blend to produce our QPF/snowfall from last night's mid shift. Who knows what tonight will bring.

GEFS mean is basically right over the benchmark...not much change from 18z.

Rolling through the CMC there's that hitch west with the actual x being drawn out by the BM.  Perhaps that's the stumbling block for the GFS, or maybe what'll lead it across the finish line.

Can see how the UKMET goes bonkers with the trailing energy rolling in and phasing everything.  Seems kind of ridic at that point but I doubt we're through with the surprises given this years pattern.

Will what would this be for Amherst, NH our mets say some snow then converting to ice and then sleet/rain and then changing back over to snow at the end maybe 4inches? Sound about right?

Too early to get that specific IMHO. That sounds a bit skimpy on the snow...4 inches total?

Jay, I think we'll get at least a good mod event, but don't forget that I saw that subsidence $hitshow a mile away in Jan. Took you to school, son.

I'd feel a lot more confident if I was on Rt 2 in Tippy Land. Euro will have better idea. Consensus right this minute suggests we are double digits. Do not waver mi amigo. That storm was a totally different beast. The mid levels weren't beautiful and it wasn't going kaboom.

Archived