• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah that NAM run isn't going to thrill any CT posters with a QPF fetish. Pretty stark differences from EC at this point. NAM suggests shoreline has best chance of getting into deformation snows...while the Euro has us over to drizzle after a front end thumb and deformation band going way west.. Something in between would be sweet though.

The 7h lift just goes poof between hr 66 to 69 to 72 as it rotated from s coast N. weak nw side lift. Qpf looks more impressive than lift to me. Not that i think nam is right. It is a bridge jumped for northern mid atlantic to nyc as well.

Euro caving this year wouldn't surprise me thou. Im hopin amped and wawa bomb

Nam isnt great for anyone 7h lift is ok hr 69 then meh after. 5h lift non existant. Weak overall and nam has slight nw bias so im wondering whats up w it shiftin this much.

I will take my 8-10 it shows verbatim thank you plus that depiction is perfect for me. I believe something in between Euro NAM GFS will shake out.

I'm interested in the model diagnostic discussion more than just bashing the NAM. It looks suspicious to me, like the model didn't get some key data points in the initialization.  They'll probably come with their usual header of, 'any errors did not seem to affect the models,' but this run appears to suspiciously buck trend.  

I will say that the nose of the impulse's jet has just entered over land, so seeing morphology may or may not have merit.

This run easily 6-12 for BOS, mostly snow with little taint it appears based on colder levels above.  The low stalls east of the Cape, as did the 18z GFS.  A good deal of the precip falls during that time, as h850 and h925 cool.  They never get above 0C.  At least the trend is in the right direction, for MBY anyway.  But it is the NAM.

I will take my 8-10 it shows verbatim thank you plus that depiction is perfect for me. I believe something in between Euro NAM GFS will shake out.

I think the NAM is indicative of where the Euro may go later.  Those two models have suffered from some of the same issues in this type of pattern.  What it did was adjust the two main lobes of energy to a more positive stance which leads to a later/east development. AKA the GFS.

I thought the RGEM was going that way today at 12z but didn't.  So we'll see.

I think the NAM is indicative of where the Euro may go later.  Those two models have suffered from some of the same issues in this type of pattern.  What it did was adjust the two main lobes of energy to a more positive stance which leads to a later/east development. AKA the GFS.

I thought the RGEM was going that way today at 12z but didn't.  So we'll see.

I think most folks who have posted has suggested that the EC was likely too far west of what would ultimately play out (though, PF, Hippy, and I have ardently wished it would). 

If that in fact is the case--and I think we'll see that tonight--the end result will be happy folks in central mass/eastern CT and points east cleaning up.

My 2 cents.

I think most folks who have posted has suggested that the EC was likely too far west of what would ultimately play out (though, PF, Hippy, and I have ardently wished it would). 

If that in fact is the case--and I think we'll see that tonight--the end result will be happy folks in central mass/eastern CT and points east cleaning up.

My 2 cents.

Euro IMO was suffering from the biases it's been having and NCEP probably did the right thing in tossing it today in the diagnostic.   If this plays out it's a shame because I once uber reliable model inside of 4 days is now....

RGEM has the same alignment as the NAM.  It's rushing the s/w along the gulf coast allowing for the low to develop further down much like NCEP talked about earlier.  This still doesn't change anything for MBY, still too warm for here but areas just N&W should do well.

Euro IMO was suffering from the biases it's been having and NCEP probably did the right thing in tossing it today in the diagnostic.   If this plays out it's a shame because I once uber reliable model inside of 4 days is now....

RGEM has the same alignment as the NAM.  It's rushing the s/w along the gulf coast allowing for the low to develop further down much like NCEP talked about earlier.  This still doesn't change anything for MBY, still too warm for here but areas just N&W should do well.

I think its the typial 75/25 compromise in favor of the ECMWF right now. It's been overamped at 84 hours quite often in the past.

Now if it ends up being something outside of the benchmark, then that is a total fail on the Euro. We'll see how it looks tonight. My guess is less amped but not by a lot.

Archived