• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

GGEM ensembles are a hair SE of the BM...but I do not give them that much weight. 

So what we have is basically the EC on the western envelope, the GFS/GGEM on the right. As usual, my thought (and probably others) is that the EC will tick a little east and the GFS correct west and a little stronger. I like Will's 75/25 reference he made in favor of the EC...I could see that. Of course we all may be wrong, but that's my guess. My only pause is that I feel these systems don't ever really correct east much if at all. However, this pattern may be the reason why it will. I'm more bullish on a further west track similar to the EC then the GGEM ensembles...put it that way. Perhaps, not as far as the EC.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that is creeping up on us here is:  earlier consensus in the models than has been typically the case for this season.  The UKMET, GGEM, Euro, now this NAM are for all intents and purposes about the same thinking...  and it's 84 hours away.  It's been more difficult to get a deterministic impression so early in the game this season.

Not that we are "determined" at this point ... but that we are getting there pretty early.  Interesting.   

While waiting for this storm to unfold in the northeast, it will be interesting to see if the ice storm is as bad as some are predicting down south.  CNN's met is calling for 1.0 million without power in the mid-south.

It does look like it could be bad down there, and considering that they are recovering from the one they had a couple weeks ago.

While waiting for this storm to unfold in the northeast, it will be interesting to see if the ice storm is as bad as some are predicting down south. CNN's met is calling for 1.0 million without power in the mid-south.

Pretty populated area. 1 million seems easy to hit esp if the infrastructure has not been tested

Pretty awesome snow growth up here. Big mid level omega in the SGZ. Of course it won't verify like the NAM has it, but someone is going to get pounded in that deformation axis.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

With a track near ACK that I envision, it'll probably be somewhere between you and me. Probably closer to you.

Archived