• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody cares about 3-4 day out first snowfall guesses.

Lets talk about the players at play, the evolution of this is awesome and unique. Certainly the more west one is the better .

I'd beg to differ, a lot of people like to hear first guesses. But 3-4 days out is definitely going to have some large error bars.

Winter storm bungholio because someone is going to be puckering up come Thursday?

Nceps point on the euro is very valid. Doesn't mean it's wrong though.

Do you mean this part?: GIVEN THAT THE PARENT

UPPER WAVE IS INITIALLY OF VERY LOW AMPLITUDE AND EMBEDDED IN FAST

ZONAL FLOW...WE PREFER THE NON-ECMWF CONSENSUS              This has been an issue all winter, no?

Some met named Ryan in CT made a post on FB that summed things up perfectly

Our computer models are showing a pretty good sized nor'easter on Thursday across the northeast. The European model (attached) has the low hugging the coast which would favor a mixed bag. Track will be everything and 50 miles east or west will be huge! We'll know a lot more by tomorrow but for now expect a messy storm on Thursday.

AIDTUWPITM (As I didnt think until Will proved it to me)...

Anyhoo... thoughts on caution flags?

Track. Hopefully it ticks east...I think it will..but remember srn stream systems many times like to stay west. I can't see this going east much. Maybe a track near or just east of ACK was my guess earlier. Still a good 24 hrs to decide.

Some met named Ryan in CT made a post on FB that summed things up perfectly

Our computer models are showing a pretty good sized nor'easter on Thursday across the northeast. The European model (attached) has the low hugging the coast which would favor a mixed bag. Track will be everything and 50 miles east or west will be huge! We'll know a lot more by tomorrow but for now expect a messy storm on Thursday.

He's terrible. Don't listen to him.

It looks like a classic messy storm. Litchfield Hills/Berkshires/VT jackpot with the scraps for the rest of us. With any luck...those "scraps" will be quite fun. I don't think we'll really have a handle on that until tomorrow morning. 

Lots of issues including dry slotting, boundary layer warmth, and (most concerning) a flood of mid level warmth ahead of this thing. 

There's a reason why a cold high with plenty of confluence to the north is important. 

It looks like a classic messy storm. Litchfield Hills/Berkshires/VT jackpot with the scraps for the rest of us. With any luck...those "scraps" will be quite fun. I don't think we'll really have a handle on that until tomorrow morning. 

Lots of issues including dry slotting, boundary layer warmth, and (most concerning) a flood of mid level warmth ahead of this thing. 

There's a reason why a cold high with plenty of confluence to the north is important.

The initial hellacious thump is a snow bomb then dry slot per Euro your FA is 6-12 verbatim .

I would love to end up in the CCB of this thing.  All models have some pretty hefty VV values and whoever ends up just northwest of that 700mb low track and in the area just enough in the cold side to be all snow is going to have some ripping hours of fun.  

It brings the dryslot up into most of NJ/SE NY and a chunk of SNE with the CCB back over E NY/down through interior PA.

My guess it that it is too wrapped verbatim up as you seem to agree...but that certainly explains why the precip shuts off pretty quickly after the initial WAA burst of heavy snow. We'll have to watch it since if this goes about 50 miles E of the Euro, then a lot of folks in the populated centers are going to also get CCB snows.

Feeling good for up here---might taint, especially if it comes any further west.  But that's unlikely.  Hopefully the Berks can stay west of the dry slot.

GYX getting much more aggressive on the P+C forecast here for My SQL storm.

LOL!!

Every met on board except Ryan. Hopefully he joins the party after 00z goes east a bit so we have total agreement

I was going to delete this post but figured I'd just respond in the open. 

What the hell are you talking about? Please find one post that said that I'm not on board. I think virtually every met thinks this looks really good for NW CT/W MA/NYS/VT. East of there it's more up in the air depending on just how quickly the warmth moves in. Could it be a big event - absolutely? Could it be a real mess with rain issues on top of sleet? Sure. 

There's a reason why cold, dry anchored highs to the north of us are found in most snowstorms. I'm not just making this up or pulling this out of thin air. 

Reel it in or else the warnings will be flying. 

Archived