• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Feb 13-15 modeled event increased confidence now.

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pattern hasn't really changed from the standpoint of little to no blocking. In fact, if anything, this pattern is even more progressive because we have a pretty zonal flow off the west coast and still have no Atlantic blocking. If we had a slower pattern, this would probably track through Buffalo.

Put me in the euro over amplification camp then. I think 5h suggests a more GFS like look to me. IDK, between cape and ack is what I favor right now. Obviously a little weenie tendency there but standing back and looking without emotions it makes more sense given the overall pattern.

Put me in the final outcome at least a tick east camp. My gut.

Same here.  It won't matter for MBY anyway I feel we roast here after a couple of inches regardless.  I think the Euro will prove too slow in the SW in the later stages as we approach the system which will change the alignment and nudge this east towards the others.  I think it tracks SE of the Cape.  But I admit earlier biases this winter may mean zero here and that's all that I'm relying on to lean that way.

This gives the NNE crowd some hope. That's dead on. Looks like 982ish over TAN.

Nice deform banding across all of NNE. PF would love h90-96

Are you up in Lyndon right now?  I'm assuming that you're loving that run as well, haha.

Although not being a debbie downer (really, I'm not haha), I still favor a blend of all the guidance.  We'll see the ECM slip east slowly over the next couple days, but have to admit I'm a little shocked it didn't this run. 

Sounds like some of the more amped GFES members.

Are you up in Lyndon right now?  I'm assuming that you're loving that run as well, haha.

Although not being a debbie downer (really, I'm not haha), I still favor a blend of all the guidance.  We'll see the ECM slip east slowly over the next couple days, but have to admit I'm a little shocked it didn't this run. 

Sounds like some of the more amped GFES members.

Yeah, I'm here until May. 

And yeah, I'm surprised too. I think it'll end up near or just SE of the Cape. We will be scraped with light snows IMO.

Euro is warning criteria though, LOL. Interested to see the ENS.

Same here.  It won't matter for MBY anyway I feel we roast here after a couple of inches regardless.  I think the Euro will prove too slow in the SW in the later stages as we approach the system which will change the alignment and nudge this east towards the others.  I think it tracks SE of the Cape.  But I admit earlier biases this winter may mean zero here and that's all that I'm relying on to lean that way.

How do you think we torch with a southeast of the Cape track?  That doesn't make sense.  Ocean is at its coldest point of the year currently.  I think we see a wet wind driven snow over the course of the storm, maybe 12" for our region, if it stays all snow, something similar to the Blizzard of 2013.

How do you think we torch with a southeast of the Cape track?  That doesn't make sense.  Ocean is at its coldest point of the year currently.  I think we see a wet wind driven snow over the course of the storm, maybe 12" for our region, if it stays all snow, something similar to the Blizzard of 2013.

I have to do this man....I have to.

:weenie:

People seem to suggest the kicker comes through ... well... quicker. Season has had a tendency towards a progressive pattern so I understand this thinking. Pattern has changed though hasn't it? Will?

crying for mamas in nne and cryin for will in esne.

Like where I sit.  Perhaps the kicker can keep it from coming too far west, but at this point I think wsne CNE-lower 1/2 are golden.

3 word acronym - WAA.

How do you think we torch with a southeast of the Cape track? That doesn't make sense. Ocean is at its coldest point of the year currently. I think we see a wet wind driven snow over the course of the storm, maybe 12" for our region, if it stays all snow, something similar to the Blizzard of 2013.

Why stop there? Just go damaging hurricane winds with 958mb hole in the atmosphere along with Jan '05 snows but heavy and wet snows toppling power lines.

I think 958mb is quite a stretch but 960s is quite attainable in a situation like this where you have phasing energies from the northern and southern streams.  Snow from GA to ME is a large swath of real estate.

It's not going over the benchmark.  Euro took it over TAN...I could see end result being the vineyard or ACK.

Can we get some rationale behind this?  :weenie:

Peronally thinking the Euro is too slow with the kicker, but probably has a good handle on the southern stream energy. 75/25 Euro/GFS compromise right now IMO.

I see virtually no chance this ends up being favorable for you and I.  The only question is how much do we get before a quick changeover or how much unpleasantly cold rain do we get if it does manage to move offshore before it changes over to snow.

It's just not our system, IMO

Berkshire --> Sunapee --> Sunday River I think gets clobbered.

Archived