Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Monday snow event discussion/observations Feb. 3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure yet.... I'm just getting up to speed. All of 4 viewers will catch my forecast at 6 p.m. up against the Super Bowl lol

Everyone will look to Twitter for their forecasts today. I can tell you in talking to parents at soccer today and bball yesterday.. No one had any idea we were going to see accumulating snow tomorrow

Not sure yet.... I'm just getting up to speed. All of 4 viewers will catch my forecast at 6 p.m. up against the Super Bowl lol

Can't wait for bufkit to come out but looking at maps I don't really like those negative VV's in the lower levels...unless I'm just reading the scale wrong.  

I would be hesitant though on anything more than 1-3 widespread.  

Everyone will look to Twitter for their forecasts today. I can tell you in talking to parents at soccer today and bball yesterday.. No one had any idea we were going to see accumulating snow tomorrow

I think we had accumulating snow in the forecast last night. 

How have the SREFs been with this? 

The bump north in QPF really isn't all that great IMO.  It just means that some of us now have a shot to get 1-2''...perhaps a few spot 3'' amounts (which that is certainly better than nothing!) but this system is moving so quickly and we aren't really under this QPF long at all.  Maybe a few locals across coastal CT have a shot for 3'' amounts but further north...isolated but I don't think widespread.  

48 even at ORH.

Post-frontal downslope dandy for most of SNE going on today. We never truly advect in a cold airmass before this Feb 3rd threat, so there could def be BL issues in the south coast initially...esp if the it is the 1 SM or greater vis light snow.

Post-frontal downslope dandy for most of SNE going on today. We never truly advect in a cold airmass before this Feb 3rd threat, so there could def be BL issues in the south coast initially...esp if the it is the 1 SM or greater vis light snow.

Temp's dropped over 2.5* here in the last 30 minutes.

41.0/32 off a high of 43.7

The bump north in QPF really isn't all that great IMO. It just means that some of us now have a shot to get 1-2''...perhaps a few spot 3'' amounts (which that is certainly better than nothing!) but this system is moving so quickly and we aren't really under this QPF long at all. Maybe a few locals across coastal CT have a shot for 3'' amounts but further north...isolated but I don't think widespread.

Its always been a 1-3 event until today where it's beefed up to 2-4

Its always been a 1-3 event until today where it's beefed up to 2-4

I don't think it's always been a 1-3'' event for us.  While I agree we have continued to see the system and subsequently, QPF bump north, there was a time where it did appear the system would track just far enough south where we would miss out.  I know some of the in-house models (like Ryan's) since Friday showed 1-3'' statewide, but confidence then wasn't all that high.  

While I'll agree with the 1-3, I don't think there is enough evidence to support a 2-4'' event...I think 3-4'' totals would be very localized and won't be enough to really say "2-4".  

Although, honestly, there really isn't a tremendous difference between 1-3 and 2-4 really..pretty minute to really argue over anyway

Archived