Monday snow event discussion/observations Feb. 3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comments (0)   Tweet   Share     Rate (+1)      Original Size

4tNbp.jpg

LOL Pike points n FU, again.

Just an FYI for the contigent pounding its chest in celebration of the "Leon" analog on a daily basis....that season featured a sharp gradient just to the south of Boston, with much lesser amounts down toward Providence and CT.

Anyway, hopefully the next one trends north.

Since Box dropped advisories here, snow has increased, 395 went from bare pavement to covered, side roads are fully covered. I understand the semantics but an advisory is meant to portray winter conditions which impact travel. 1.25 new here.

Nice push north and east in ENY of heavier echoes on OKX and BGM radar. After about 1:00 it should really come down

I've heard that line a lot this winter...he's got me regressing to the mean too, which must be less than SNE, lol.

Biggest whoosh in board history? Low visibility snow as I stopped off of 395. Picked up brand new puppies for the truck, 45 minutes install and the conditions have gone way down hill. I would advise those heading out to take it slow, saw some peeps flying and spinning on the highway. Wait advisory is a sensitive word, I need to revise. I would tell folks to be careful, seems the melted stuff is freezing.

LOL Pike points n FU, again.

Just an FYI for the contigent pounding its chest in celebration of the "Leon" analog on a daily basis....that season featured a sharp gradient just to the south of Boston, with much lesser amounts down toward Providence and CT.

Anyway, hopefully the next one trends north.

half inch, was looking good briefly....somewhere down the road even here in dv there has to be some kind of score evener to make up for this insufferability

31.8, branches starting to get a good bend in them.  Paste continues.  Dead quiet out there.

Snow growth is very good.  Radar is a little deceiving I wouldn't put this at super heavy....it's a solid 1/3 or so maybe dipping in individual elements.

There's a clear edge to the precip that rushed through CT and northern RI in the last 30 minutes and has kind of stopped.  Hoping to see heavier stuff continue to pile in here.

31.8, branches starting to get a good bend in them.  Paste continues.  Dead quiet out there.

Snow growth is very good.  Radar is a little deceiving I wouldn't put this at super heavy....it's a solid 1/3 or so maybe dipping in individual elements.

There's a clear edge to the precip that rushed through CT and northern RI in the last 30 minutes and has kind of stopped.  Hoping to see heavier stuff continue to pile in here.

2 hours in a row now of 1/2mi vis at TAN, so probably 2"+.

2 hours in a row now of 1/2mi vis at TAN, so probably 2"+.

Schools are starting to cancel afternoon stuff here.  It's too late to do an early release.  If this band continues to pummel us this is going to be really bad in Bourne, Plymouth, Wareham, Sandwich etc. as the buses run in 90-120 minutes  Just a poor, poor job of alerting to the potential.

Not sure what happened but I hope they address it in the future.

TV media doing no better a job.  Cindy had the best map at least she has 2-4 here.

Archived