Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Monday snow event discussion/observations Feb. 3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yesterday you didn't think I'd see an inch..so you've certainly changed your tune.

Things def shifted a tick N. i see a sharp cut off but that stuff on BGM radar looks to get you , so ur good for 1-2. I just dont know if you get in on the 3-5 . You can see nice expansion last hour on nw part of mt holly radar ...i just dont like the look of this compressing south on BGM radar while deeper echoes seem to be just south (implying sharp cut off) as well as difficulty getting to much further north as it translates east.

Things def shifted a tick N. i see a sharp cut off but that stuff on BGM radar looks to get you , so ur good for 1-2. I just dont know if you get in on the 3-5 . You can see nice expansion last hour on nw part of mt holly radar ...i just dont like the look of this compressing south on BGM radar while deeper echoes seem to be just south (implying sharp cut off) as well as difficulty getting to much further north as it translates east.

BTV WRF did another WTF.  Useless in these situations.

Not sure there's ever been a case in the history of these boards that had a bad outcome when the Rev and I were on the same side.  There's still going to be some big winners/losers in this one due to banding....but it's a nice hit.

IE, 37 in Marshfield yet 31-32 here in the heavy stuff.  The areas that get into good QPF to the north are going to waste some time in the crud.

Snowing the entire way to work from Columbia to downtown Glastonbury, but from my house up until the big hill in Glastonbury at approx 900 ft. elevation, there was full snow cover of about 0.5" - 1". On the other side of that hill, there was zero accumulation although it was still snowing.

Just now starting to fully cover the grass here in Glastonbury, lots of tiny flakes falling.

S Bristol county over to Steve looks golden

I'm actually a bit impressed how overnight models sort of increased lift over virtually the entire region.  I know Scott mentioned yesterday (if anyone else did as well I missed it) about the possibility of some nice banding across the south coast and that seriously looks to happen.  It would be really nice though if we could have the stronger lift overhead for a longer duration.  

Archived