Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Monday snow event discussion/observations Feb. 3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at how the stuff to your north is connecting with the band in NW PA as it pushes NE and expands..almost like the Euro/RAP showed. I know there's been some met posts about how deadly the Euro is as we close in on an event qpfwise.

Well its a sign that there is ML forcing up to our north, but its virga...I guess what I mean is the real meat of what we are interested in is over PA and NY State. It does seem to be trying to make a push north now.

I'm just not sure its enough to get advisory snows to ORH and similar latitude points. We'll find out soon enough. Its probably going to be close.

Well its a sign that there is ML forcing up to our north, but its virga...I guess what I mean is the real meat of what we are interested in is over PA and NY State. It does seem to be trying to make a push north now.

I'm just not sure its enough to get advisory snows to ORH and similar latitude points. We'll find out soon enough. Its probably going to be close.

I mean i don't buy the Euro giving me 7-8 inches verbatim like it does..but if I can get 3-4..you guys should be able to at least get 1-3 I would think.

I mean i don't buy the Euro giving me 7-8 inches verbatim like it does..but if I can get 3-4..you guys should be able to at least get 1-3 I would think.

It didn't. It gave you about 4-5 inches. Don't get fooled into those clown maps for snowfall output.

It gave him just over 0.5" and with the decent ratios and his temp..would be 6-8 I would guess. That would be better than 10:1 ratios.

Eh, maybe, I'm assuming no better than 10 to 1 in this...but perhaps good snowgrowht and temps around or just under 30 could do the trick.

Weird storm. Radar looks pretty crappy.

Compressing with the dry air.  Wind has really picked up here.  NAM ticked the heaviest north a little later near the cape but contracted the .1 somewhat. 

I'm hoping to get in on the heaviest but as of yet looks like it may skip just south again.

32.8 per my thermo and dropping...but I think it's already 32.0-

Compressing with the dry air. Wind has really picked up here. NAM ticked the heaviest north a little later near the cape but contracted the .1 somewhat.

32.0-

I see sharp cut offs incoming and the dry air compression.

North of ct/ma border may be one cut off

Stuff filling in should be good for HFD , tolland and Brockton corridor

Archived