BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

72 hours was when the euro jumped on the storm. from then on it looked pretty impressive.

Yeah, model consensus happened pretty late for 12/09.. The watch didn't go up until Thursday afternoon and it wasn't until after the Friday 0z runs (only 24 hrs before the onset of snow) that there was complete confidence the storm would be widespread and epic throughout the forecast area.

Yeah, model consensus happened pretty late for 12/09.. The watch didn't go up until Thursday afternoon and it wasn't until after the Friday 0z runs (only 24 hrs before the onset of snow) that there was complete confidence the storm would be widespread and epic throughout the forecast area.

That's how I remember it too.

We're looking at a single model run. When the gfs comes out and its ripping 1"+/hr at 31* we won't be talking about it anymore

Everyone locally at least forget the Euro was pretty bad.

The CWG archive shows the snap from more unsure discussions to the historic storm forecasts from Thursday evening.

In fact I'm pretty sure that WBAL would not give out any solid accumulation forecasts as late as mid morning on Friday. I guess they still needed to see what the new 12z GFS would show to be more confident.

I haven't forgotten and I don't trust the NAM temps as they led us down the path in December. 

You don't count. You are like a weather wizard. ;) 

The sfc is so meh I dunno. Maybe if we hadn't busted on similar issues recently.. although even if it works out we might be 40 by afternoon. 

MOS sucks and you know it

MOS or a blend tends to beat raw outputs in most situations. Raw model temps are usually the worst of all options. Then again NAM MOS has 44 for a high tomorrow which seems rather unlikely. 

Archived