• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

I think a concern at this point would be going too far north if the trend continues over the next 48 hours.

Vort track has been fine with most guidance. We just need it juicier. Except for the euro's one burp, we've been good. I highly doubt the vort suddenly tracks above us at this point.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best part is if/when precip gets really going overhead it will be pretty heavy. If surface is going to walk the line we need a pasting. I feel pretty good and have almost expected a wetter solution since the euro/eps first started advertising a few days ago.

This type of storm is definitely in the euro's laser. I've been hugging it and not just because it's shown better for us

Bob, as a forecaster I don't like seeing it 33 just north of the heaviest precip, that suggests to me where the precip doesn't boom, temps may rise and it might be hard getting snow to accumulate.  Plus I've seen DCA not fall that quickly even with pretty decent rates.  

Bob, as a forecaster I don't like seeing it 33 just north of the heaviest precip, that suggests to me where the precip doesn't boom, temps may rise and it might be hard getting snow to accumulate. Plus I've seen DCA not fall that quickly even with pretty decent rates.

As a weenie I hate seeing it too. Less than .25 precip won't get the job done here so just gotta go with the flow and root for rates and pray for temps. Got 48 hours to go and its still not a bust.

Bob, as a forecaster I don't like seeing it 33 just north of the heaviest precip, that suggests to me where the precip doesn't boom, temps may rise and it might be hard getting snow to accumulate.  Plus I've seen DCA not fall that quickly even with pretty decent rates.  

Ouch.  Wes just brought in a painful dose of reality.

Starting to see the north trend, the GFS was really starting to look solid at 18z. We're not too far out either where it will definitely screw DC or anything like that. A slow north movement similar to 1/21 will get the job done better this time. DC will be in near the bullseye QPF-wise in my opinion at game time, which should alleviate the issues with temps (should). NAM looks very respectable at h5 and h3 with the jet for DC, so this very well could be a moisture-laden paste bomb for BWI to DCA on Monday. 

Think the GFS will look increasingly better tonight. 

Starting to see the north trend, the GFS was really starting to look solid at 18z. We're not too far out either where it will definitely screw DC or anything like that. A slow north movement similar to 1/21 will get the job done better this time. DC will be in near the bullseye QPF-wise in my opinion at game time, which should alleviate the issues with temps (should). NAM looks very respectable at h5 and h3 with the jet for DC, so this very well could be a moisture-laden paste bomb for BWI to DCA on Monday. 

Think the GFS will look increasingly better tonight. 

I think a small north trend may also help us with the rates, but still too early to tell.

I think a small north trend may also help us with the rates, but still too early to tell.

Well of course BTR because in the end the rates are deriving from the QPF and the h3 jet structure looks formidable for the good QPF even at this stage to reach DC. Then by Monday, it could be all the way to S PA or around the M/D line. 

When I think of storms like this, they can either go one of two ways. We thought 3/6 was heading in 1/26's direction, and that the initial overrunning precip was going to be very impressive. Of course, we know how that turned out. But these QPF bombs of sorts tend to trend even wetter as hr 0 approaches. Combine gulf moisture stream with a SS vort that is not overly weak with the nice jet streaks in place, this could really get moist for someone. 

Archived