BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People actually take someone with the name "weatherboy" seriously to begin with? You're far better off frequenting Jihad's Wintry Mix

Lol I dont get it either. He is a fraud. But he managed to hype this EURO Control map and it went viral. Its not completely his fault. People are dumb. Takes stupidity for something like that to happen. Social media unfortunately is at least as bad as it is good.

90 hrs is better than 224 hr though the wxBell algorithms make every storm look huge. 

True.. tho as we all know here snow maps are pretty crappy on the whole.  I guess the fact that wxbell created hi res maps for every major city has pushed the issue. 

Not gonna.  Say...does anyone know how WxBell is going to enforce their no-repost policy on social media?

No clue. Still mixed messages on all of it. From what I gather Euro is the main thing off limits though lots of media post them so it's a little perplexing.

I just took a look at the post, and there is a wall of disclaimer attached to the photo. If that's what came with the original photo, I can't say I blame the poster more than the people who look at the image and run. Weenies will weenie, doubters will doubt. Both are bad and look worse on social media. 

Maybe he edited it. I saw the original post. It did have some disclaimers, but never mentioned it was the Euro control ens member, one of 51 members, and he was passing it off as a single snow event. But, it doesn't take a genius to read the bottom and see that it was total accum snowfall for first 10 days of the month. So yeah, weenies will...

Free advertising.. idiots

we're talking about 2 different things, 1 is Wxbell and the other is the people who create the model

for wxbell, it's advertising but for the Euro people it's somebody disseminating their product to the public at large w/o pay

it's clear that that vendors like Accuwx or Wxbell are supposed to restrict redistribution; if they fail to make reasonable efforts to curtail dissemination, however, then it's up to the Euro people to enforce their rights, which is what I was addressing

the Euro creators do their own advertising with the limited free products they have available on their site; the maps being redistributed Ian was referring to are costing them money since large numbers are seeing them and not paying, either the Euro people directly or the vendors

Have a good vibe for 00Z. Hits incoming.

in terms of models we are actually pretty far away from the event... a lot can happen in 50-60 hours...here is the current guidance for DCA, people can extrapolate for their own backyard,..

from Wettest to Driest, all approximations..QPF, Snowfall

12z Canadian - 1", 4-5"

12z Euro - 0.75", 1-2"

12z Euro ens - 0.45", 2"

12z Canadian ensembles - 0.35", 1-2"

18z GEFS - 0.35", 1-2"

12z JMA - 0.35", ?

15z SREF - 0.30", 2"

18z GFS - 0.25" - 1-2"

18z NAM - 0.25", maybe 1"

the GFS/NAM are currently the 2 worst solutions for us...we definitely need them to get better..pretty much no chance (imo) they are leading the way in terms of liquid...

Pretty much... I doubt we see a 12z GGEM scenario... I would just like to see cold air + moisture, take that as a win, and move on to the next run

Pretty much... I doubt we see a 12z GGEM scenario... I would just like to see cold air + moisture, take that as a win, and move on to the next run

we will analyze this to death, which is what we all like to do so don't get me wrong, but in the end the seasonal pattern will likely prevail with DCA getting 1-2", IAD getting 4"+/-, BWI 2-3" and N MD/S PA jackpotting with 6"+/-

it's an outlier...but I doubt we are getting only 0.25"....this could still materialize..but 12/10  amounts probably do us no good, except for a minor 1-2" event....which is fine...but to get anything 3"+, we are going to need a moisture laden missile

we will analyze this to death, which is what we all like to do so don't get me wrong, but in the end the seasonal pattern will likely prevail with DCA getting 1-2", IAD getting 4"+/-, BWI 2-3" and N MD/S PA jackpotting with 6"+/-

probably..which is why I'd like to see preposterous amounts of liquid in a short amount of time..

probably..which is why I'd like to see preposterous amounts of liquid in a short amount of time..

it's been an OK winter, feeling dramatically better than the past few for sure, but we've (you, me and the rest of the I95 crowd) have been just a hair away from really cashing in, and that's probably the only thing that I find frustrating

Archived