Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Monday Mauler or Monday Bawler?

Deck Pic

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we're gonna get raked. 

I want the euro solution and GFS temsps. not too much to ask for. 

i have a feeling we will see some heavy wet snow monday morning. Will look very pretty. Euro wont budge that much but i expect it to maybe be a bit drier and bit colder. Probably a .50 qpf event. Too bad temps are not 13 like they were a few days ago

i have a feeling we will see some heavy wet snow monday morning. Will look very pretty. Euro wont budge that much but i expect it to maybe be a bit drier and bit colder. Probably a .50 qpf event. Too bad temps are not 13 like they were a few days ago

did you look at the Accwx snow maps for the Euro?

it's like 3-4" for me and you

Eh, I'm over temps. I just want to pad totals from here on out. There's going to be a bump north with the precip shield I think. Could be some heavy bands. It's a compact system with some ok lift on the nw side. Could trend stronger for sure. Hard to say. I'm not mad at the gfs right now. Thats for sure. 

Eh, I'm over temps. I just want to pad totals from here on out. There's going to be a bump north with the precip shield I think. Could be some heavy bands. It's a compact system with some ok lift on the nw side. Could trend stronger for sure. Hard to say. I'm not mad at the gfs right now. Thats for sure. 

Right now my seasonal total is about 19" which is one inch better than last year. I'm hoping we can at least get to our mean snowfall by March. I know what you mean about the temps.

dyhujemu.jpg

Think they buy the NAM?

SOMEWHAT SUBTLE DIFFERENCES WITH THE SHORTWAVE ALOFT RESULT INSIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES AT THE SURFACE WITH THE 12Z GFS AS ONE OFFLATTER SOLUTIONS RESULTING IN A MORE SUPPRESSED SURFACE LOWTRACKING ACROSS THE SOUTHERN STATES AND LESS MOISTURE REACHINGWEST VIRGINIA/PENNSYLVANIA/NEW JERSEY. THE CONSENSUS IS FOR ASTRONGER WAVE...BUT LESS AMPLIFICATION THAN SHOWN BY THE 00ZECMWF. THE 12Z ECMWF HAS TRENDED TOWARD THE PREFERENCE OF A BLENDBETWEEN THE FLATTER 12Z GFS AND STRONGER 12Z UKMET WHICH SEEMS TOBE A MOVE IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. STRONGER MODELS LIKE THE 00ZECMWF INDICATE MORE QPF BUT ALSO A WARMER SOLUTION EAST OF THEAPPALACHIANS AND LESS SNOW...WHILE MORE SUPPRESSED SOLUTIONS ARECOLDER BUT INDICATE LESS QPF. A MIDDLE GROUND IS EXPECTED BUT NOONE MODEL SOLUTION FAVORS THIS SCENARIO WITH THE 12Z UKMET/CMCMUCH HEAVIER WITH QPF INTO THE CNTRL/NRN MID-ATLANTIC REGION. THEEXPECTATION IS FOR LOCATIONS EAST OF THE APPALACHIANS TO START OFFAS RA/PL/FZRA MIX BUT TRANSITIONING TO SNOW AS COLDER AIR FILTERSIN BEHIND THE WAVE.

From -- http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=qpfhsd (411 PM disco)

Archived