Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 8-12 East Coast Storm Potential

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro snow totals for the next week. Including todays. Just wow.

Don't get me wrong. That is very impressive, BUT let's say I got 6 inches today, plus maybe 8 inches tomorrow night/Wednesday. That's 14 inches on the ground right there. That map is showing around 26 inches total for all 3 storms, or around a foot for the 3rd storm.

Would have to think with the way the euro is modeling the this storm that the amounts may be much much more. IMO.

Don't get me wrong. That is very impressive, BUT let's say I got 6 inches today, plus maybe 8 inches tomorrow night/Wednesday. That's 14 inches on the ground right there. That map is showing around 26 inches total for all 3 storms, or around a foot for the 3rd storm.

Would have to think with the way the euro is modeling the this storm that the amounts may be much much more. IMO.

1.5 qpf of frozen for the sunday/monday storm 6 days out the amounts will be prolific once we get closer. Seeing that much this far out is astonishing

Yes, agreed....

Euro ensembles are amazing. Obviously not as amped up as the OP run but huge signal. Surface low from the SE states to OBX to the 40/70. Tons of QPF.

In the 1.5in. QPF range again? I just cant believe the amount of liquid being printed out 6 days from the storm, your right on it is a HUGE signal

Everytime I  feel like typing a number I erase it .  You really have to be inside 3- 4 days before you`re really sure .

I love the Euro s idea of the block , it really sets the whole thing up .

If this gets to OBX it comes ,.You have the chance of a cold QPF bomb combo . Rare to have ensembles see 1 inch of  liq 7 days out .

Once Wed gets off the field the whole model universe gets a clear look at this  . Its a high end threat , but man 

all of us have seen this before .  That said

10 today  5 wed , and Sun ?  theres a chance that  more snow falls at KNYC in this 7 day period than we had all year , and this has been a good year .

Thats whats on the table 

The younger posters coming up today don't realize how lucky they are as I could count on one hand

the memorable snows during the 80's. This recent era especially since 94-96 is really raising the bar

for great snowstorms and snowfall seasons around here.

Archived