Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 8-12 East Coast Storm Potential

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say we're getting an agreement already but your getting that feeling this is something that may be pretty damn special. Looks like a pure breed Miller A

I dunno man. I'm sitting under a WSWarning for 8", under a WSWatch for another 4" and seeing these model runs a few days later. This week is already pretty special.

I dunno man. I'm sitting under a WSWarning for 8", under a WSWatch for another 4" and seeing these model runs a few days later. This week is already pretty special.

And the post above you from NWS long range discussion. Boy this may be a winter we'll talk about for a LONG time if the weekend storm can come to fruition

The euro ensembles have a ton of precip too. Unreal for this far out

Yeh , these are blockbuster type systems , the issue is Tuesday nite still may have a last second wobble to it , so have to get

past that then I think you can really nail this one down .

I am a huge buyer of this storm this weekend . The Euro ENSEMBLES have been rock steady with this for 5 days now  .

I`m all in brother .

I like how the huge block north of Alaska extends a piece of the ridge over toward the Davis Strait. That's probably why

the euro ensembles are amped and still have a BM track for us. This storm if it lives up to potential would be one of the

best -PNA snows that we have had here. Even are earlier storms this season came on the neutral to positive PNA.

So it would be a huge win to get an amped up strong storm that delivers in a -PNA as todays storm isn't wound

up so it's sliding under us instead of cutting.

Euro ensembles are nuts. 1000mb low off the coast of Ocean City Maryland with 1" of QPF.

I haven't seen that kind of QPF/etc on the ensemble mean in years.

John IF this storm comes to fruition this may honestly give a run to the top of the NESIS chart, obviously not dethroning 93' but it can give 96' a run for its money. I know calling something like that this far is foolish but like you said 1" QPF on the ensemble mean 6 days out is NUTS! this storm if it can get its act together perfectly could quite literally paralyze DC-BOSTON and produce yard stick worthy snowfall over a wide area. Once again this is IF it does occur perfectly john, just a prediction of best case scenario

John IF this storm comes to fruition this may honestly give a run to the top of the NESIS chart, obviously not dethroning 93' but it can give 96' a run for its money. I know calling something like that this far is foolish but like you said 1" QPF on the ensemble mean 6 days out is NUTS! this storm if it can get its act together perfectly could quite literally paralyze DC-BOSTON and produce yard stick worthy snowfall over a wide area. Once again this is IF it does occur perfectly john, just a prediction of best case scenario

This kind of talk at this range is never exciting to me...in fact it gives me a bit of a pit in my stomach. I can't remember a storm since 96 or PDII that was modeled well at this range. Most of them tend to look great and then end up being either duds or don't work out in our favor. 

So while I get really excited looking at this stuff too, and the transient block and exciting southern stream gives me a tingle in my spine, I don't want to get my hopes up and I hope nobody else does either. We have a long, long, long way to go.

:weenie:

I like how the huge block north of Alaska extends a piece of the ridge over toward the Davis Strait. That's probably why

the euro ensembles are amped and still have a BM track for us. This storm if it lives up to potential would be one of the

best -PNA snows that we have had here. Even are earlier storms this season came on the neutral to positive PNA.

So it would be a huge win to get an amped up strong storm that delivers in a -PNA as todays storm isn't wound

attachicon.gifEDH101-168.gif

attachicon.gifpna.sprd2.gif

attachicon.gifEDH101-168.gif

attachicon.gifpna.sprd2.gif

It has all the markings of a blockbuster. I think all here deep down looking at the guidance knows where this is going but prob Wana get thru wed before going there.

I agree best neg pna set up ur Gona see. Best 7 day period ur Gona see. And 3 winter storm warnings in 7 days is just rare period

This kind of talk at this range is never exciting to me...in fact it gives me a bit of a pit in my stomach. I can't remember a storm since 96 or PDII that was modeled well at this range. Most of them tend to look great and then end up being either duds or don't work out in our favor. 

So while I get really excited looking at this stuff too, and the transient block and exciting southern stream gives me a tingle in my spine, I don't want to get my hopes up and I hope nobody else does either. We have a long, long, long way to go.

I agree, while its hard not to get a bit excited at this stage with what the models are showing we do have a bit of a ways to go. If by Thursday the models are still showing this threat like they are now I will start to become much more excited, but I would like to see what happens over the next few days.

I agree, while its hard not to get a bit excited at this stage with what the models are showing we do have a bit of a ways to go. If by Thursday the models are still showing this threat like they are now I will start to become much more excited, but I would like to see what happens over the next few days.

True but this one has been showing up for days...still lots will change but a storm of significant magnitude whether it be rain or snow seems quite likely.

John couldnt agree more and i can see this being a weenie statement. I was merely just stating what this storm is capable of if it comes to fruition to the fullest of its potential. I know getting into upper level 4 NESIS status i a BIG chore and the list to get it gets bigger. This is not locked at all especially this year and who knows it may also be a fish storm.

If you feel its necessary to delete the post being more wishcasting than an actual forecast ill fully understand your reasoning by the way. Just an opinion my friend

Archived