Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 8-12 East Coast Storm Potential

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like an unreal week NYC may be on tap. This storm since the first ECMWF run has a real potential for a historic storm. It is still way to early to say where, but The I-95 cites have a real good shot at this one. In my life I have never see a series of progs predicting this. So I have to keep a skeptical eye on it, but OMG if it was to verify.

Looks like an unreal week NYC may be on tap. This storm since the first ECMWF run has a real potential for a historic storm. It is still way to early to say where, but The I-95 cites have a real good shot at this one. In my life I have never see a series of progs predicting this. So I have to keep a skeptical eye on it, but OMG if it was to verify.

Maybe 8" tomorrow, some inches on wed. With a changeover and then the KU for the weekend. Ill take that !

This storm looks amazing on the models. But with you guys near the coast so excited, should inland regions like south-central New York State be nervous about getting minimal QPF? The last 2 GFS runs have had a double jackpot over the central Hudson Valley and the Finger Lakes region with NYC in the 6-12 range, but do you think this will mainly be a coastal storm?

Edit: Sorry, it was just the 18z that had a big inland hit. 

00z GFS was as close to a HECS as you can get. That verifies it will most likely paralyze people from DC-BOSTON in a storm just as big as 03'/96'. The setup looks amazing and like john said probably the best synoptic setup this winter thus far! The GFS might be starting to understand that HP in SE canada means business!

00z GFS was as close to a HECS as you can get. That verifies it will most likely paralyze people from DC-BOSTON in a storm just as big as 03'/96'. The setup looks amazing and like john said probably the best synoptic setup this winter thus far! The GFS might be starting to understand that HP in SE canada means business!

GFS even has a big treat for us on presidents day weekend (cough cough) out in fantasy land….amazing just to see

Archived