Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 8-12 East Coast Storm Potential

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol that is epic! Imagine what we would be like if we get something like that. That's 2'+ for most of New England

there will be a lot more cold air then that. the transfer would most likely happen sooner than that with a HP of 1040 in SE Canada. regardless a step in the right direction

What an EPIC storm on the GFS, the bowling ball is forced to just roll East with the HP, if that could just happen a little farther SE, damn. 

you get that feeling with this storm that It possibly could kick off a nice finish to this winter where we had "terrible" teleconnectors lol

Honestly with a strongly -NAO this winter we'd most likely see more suppressive storm tracks that benefited DC more than us.

this is a good point. the -EPO coupled with the transient blocking was sufficient to deliver us the goods. this weekend system though will be determined by the Wednesday storm I feel. it would properly allow the HP in SE Canada to go nowhere and the rest would be history as they'd say. I wouldn't quite say PDII redux even if it does happen perfectly but it certainly can make a run at it. :popcorn:

you get that feeling with this storm that It possibly could kick off a nice finish to this winter where we had "terrible" teleconnectors lol

Lol this storm could do anything from kick off a nice finish to winter, kick us in the butt with warm air, or kick out to sea as the euro shows :)

wouldn't say epic. if we didn't have the Olympic powerlifting, steroid charged -EPO then it would've been bad since we wouldn't be able to buy a flake here most likely

I should have added...."if this week works out".....Hows that? Even without that I'm at 2'+ all in the month of jan....and everywhere I look says 13" seasonal snow average for where I live...If thats true....I'm at 200% after tomm....getting close to epic IMO

Archived