Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
February 8-12 East Coast Storm Potential

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps those maps floating around on social media weren't that far fetched.

It might be possible that those maps could verify, but if anything it'll be a bit smaller, that's IMO. The EPS Control wasn't outputting those amounts for nothing. Maybe it's seeing something that the other models aren't seeing. Anyway, there's ridging going on over Northern Greenland on the 00Z EURO. It's not strong, but it's there (very faint). So I guess this is the period where a Pseudo PV Block could develop. Otherwise, I'll keep an eye on this for the next several days. 

Talk About Threading The Needle With Horrible Telleconnections

I don't see any horrible telleconnections. The -EPO is so strong that it's practically blocking up the atlantic side by itself. The euro is actually showing some weak -nao blocking as well going forward. 

This is a beautiful pattern as the southern stream is really starting to get going during our climatological peak of our snow season

GFS and ECMWF are supportive of HECS / NESIS 4 potential.  Indices are very supportive now. We have Confluence w/ blocking and 50/50 low from 2/5 event with -WPO and neutral to slightly -EPO.  This is full bore blizzard material as modeled on the two model supporting it.  Could be life time memorable.  What do you guys think ?  Sunday into Monday event, "weekend rule" too.  The stop signs, 4 ft chain link fences and mailboxes are going to look tiny after this dust settles I think.  Could we get a real SVR boomer season this summer ? Ear plugs, stabilizer, snow blower locked and ready for crazy action the next 10-15 days.  Hopefully the dam thing don't break.  Ear plugs will be ready this summer for the deafening thunder crashes which will be frequent with possible repeating MCS / derechos, as we border mP air to our northeast w/ 60's marine crap, and torrid conditions immediately to our south with 90-100 degree temps for most of the summer.  Boston 63/63 NYC 78/69 DC 97/74 type of summer on average. Ear plug summer.

GFS and ECMWF are supportive of HECS / NESIS 4 potential.  Indices are very supportive now. We have Confluence w/ blocking and 50/50 low from 2/5 event with -WPO and neutral to slightly -EPO.  This is full bore blizzard material as modeled on the two model supporting it.  Could be life time memorable.  What do you guys think ?  Sunday into Monday event, "weekend rule" too.  The stop signs, 4 ft chain link fences and mailboxes are going to look tiny after this dust settles I think.  Could we get a real SVR boomer season this summer ? Ear plugs, stabilizer, snow blower locked and ready for crazy action the next 10-15 days.  Hopefully the dam thing don't break.  Ear plugs will be ready this summer for the deafening thunder crashes which will be frequent with possible repeating MCS / derechos, as we border mP air to our northeast w/ 60's marine crap, and torrid conditions immediately to our south with 90-100 degree temps for most of the summer.  Boston 63/63 NYC 78/69 DC 97/74 type of summer on average. Ear plug summer.

Have you considered a writing career? have you seen any Michael Bay films? I am not being snide either; love the enthusiasm.

GFS and ECMWF are supportive of HECS / NESIS 4 potential. Indices are very supportive now. We have Confluence w/ blocking and 50/50 low from 2/5 event with -WPO and neutral to slightly -EPO. This is full bore blizzard material as modeled on the two model supporting it. Could be life time memorable. What do you guys think ? Sunday into Monday event, "weekend rule" too. The stop signs, 4 ft chain link fences and mailboxes are going to look tiny after this dust settles I think. Could we get a real SVR boomer season this summer ? Ear plugs, stabilizer, snow blower locked and ready for crazy action the next 10-15 days. Hopefully the dam thing don't break. Ear plugs will be ready this summer for the deafening thunder crashes which will be frequent with possible repeating MCS / derechos, as we border mP air to our northeast w/ 60's marine crap, and torrid conditions immediately to our south with 90-100 degree temps for most of the summer. Boston 63/63 NYC 78/69 DC 97/74 type of summer on average. Ear plug summer.

Why stop there? 5-10' of snow widespread by the end by Feb 15th. And Tony (snow88) will have more than 100"

What the European does is its splitting the energy into 2 storms next weekend and that's what we want .

One big consolidated low would track west of the moutians then you play the what if and where game .

The Euro keeps these trough pos tilted so they come under the confluence then once to the east coast they ignite .

The second one really does. Goes from 990 at AC to 975 at Boston , that would close Long Island down if that's the last in a series

Of 4 accumulating snows in a week .

This could turn out to be the greatest 7 day terrible teleconnections snow periods you will see in years .

THE EURO IS BACK

its very early in the morning and im new to this particular forum, so I cant really tell if you're being serious or not...

if you're serious, you may not want to get too far ahead of yourself...while there is potential in the LR, its all but a done deal...

Archived