BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Coastal NJ Del Snow Storm

Absolute Humidity

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting a thread for this event. All models are in agreement and GFS is very close to a significantly more impactful event for coastal locations. Will be interesting to see how Mount Holly handles the advisory/WSW.

attachicon.gifUSA_ASNOWIPER_sfc_042.gif

I think you're already pretty significant. Another 50 mile NW shift of the precip shield gets Philly in the game.

I think you're already pretty significant. Another 50 mile NW shift of the precip shield gets Philly in the game.

I still have 1-2" in my zone forecast, the potential is there for sure. The big amounts remain just offshore even down here, Coastal Maryland and Virginia will probably receive 8-12" out of this.

Local mets saying mount holly may upgrade to a WSW down here in the am package....currently under a WWA for 2-4".....thinking 5" is our max but could that be too conservative?yeah you guys are at least 6" IMHO.
hard to go that big....went that big for the last storm and ended up busting high so I'll wait for the morning models before I buy into totals that high. That being said, if the trends continue at 6z and 12z it'd be more realistic to me IMO

hard to go that big....went that big for the last storm and ended up busting high so I'll wait for the morning models before I buy into totals that high. That being said, if the trends continue at 6z and 12z it'd be more realistic to me IMO

At least no one will need to worry about dry slots and warm temps this time. Snow ratios could possibly be around 1:15 or higher.

At least no one will need to worry about dry slots and warm temps this time. Snow ratios could possibly be around 1:15 or higher.

sounds about right to me....some blowhard on fb was going on about 20-1 ratios and I had to educate on how colder temps don't always equal higher ratios

A few hours ago I was going to post in this thread wishing those in SNJ and DE "good luck!", and I still do. I got sidetracked watching the models continuing the NW trend as noted and it's starting to get interesting even close to Philly. I know that in reality this may only amount to a dusting out this way, but it's great to see this trend.

RAP just out, sounds like it trended the way we don't want...GFS was pretty close to 6Z for this area anyway. NAM was great!

15z RAP didnt trend well for DCA/BWI, but continues to be impressive for southern NJ and coastal central NJ.  .25 total qpf line runs from central Salem up to southeastern Monmouth.  More south and east of that line.  .10 goes through Philly/Trenton/NYC.  Gradient between .10 and .30 is very tight

Archived