• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA and the MD Fringes - January Part III

MAG5035

Reports are the ensembles were warm and west.

I heard like the Euro Op but a bit warmer. 

Just saw the Canadian snowmap.  CPA jackpot with 18"+ for the JST UNV IPT corridor

:weenie:  :weenie:

Are you guys talking about the same system?

There's three storms next week and man, it's so damn confusing. Now I am hearing the one for Feb. 8-9 looks like a monster.

Just wait until TWC starts naming them, lol.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports are the ensembles were warm and west.

They are from a Mid-Atlantic perspective. The ensemble mean actually jives quite well with the 12z operational run with regard to the low and 850 and 2m temps in PA. Suggestive of some mixing in the lower Sus valley and mixing/rain in SW PA as per usual. Don't know about individual members though. 

18z GFS ensemble mean still looks good.... and the NOGAPS has the low around Detroit  :lmao:

Obviously all solutions still on the table.  Good news is even if the midweek storm doesn't work out, another threat for next weekend is looking likely.  We've gotta get a hit from one of them, right?   :snowwindow:

I'm in full weenie mode here posting about ensembles and trash models 7 days out.  Desperate for a big one and some good spring skiing!!!

18z GFS ensemble mean still looks good.... and the NOGAPS has the low around Detroit :lmao:

Obviously all solutions still on the table. Good news is even if the midweek storm doesn't work out, another threat for next weekend is looking likely. We've gotta get a hit from one of them, right? :snowwindow:

I'm in full weenie mode here posting about ensembles and trash models 7 days out. Desperate for a big one and some good spring skiing!!!

I didn't like the 18z gefs. Shifted north 3rd straight run. Gets 850 0c all the way into central pa now after keeping it down in md last few days.

Think it might be time to punt this one?

I wouldn't go that far. We had a similar setup in December and after trending north it trended back south the last 72 hours. The trends aren't good right now though. Euro and gfs ensembles going the wrong way right now. I've also noticed as the I wonder if the wave trending weaker Monday is allowing the wed system to amp more and that's bad. Still a lot to be resolved.

after 6 cold ones this pic is a perfect way to finish the night.  Thanks!

I'm watching Penn State basketball.... drinks stronger than beer are required to make this bearable  :lmao: .  Only down 5 with 12 minutes left vs the Buckeyes, a final four team from last year though, not giving up on this game or some big snow next week!

I'm watching Penn State basketball.... drinks stronger than beer are required to make this bearable  :lmao: .  Only down 5 with 12 minutes left vs the Buckeyes, a final four team from last year though, not giving up on this game or some big snow next week!

Man what happened to Ohio St being a top 5 preseason team? They've definitely fallen flat with expectations.

Guys don't taunt the southerners for this. It is solid ice, no one here could travel either.

Agreed. We've had our share of public shame over unpreparedness (V-Day 2007 for instance.) The wife and daughter of a friend of mine were among those who abandoned their vehicles on I-75 and walked home. The biggest culprit was poor planning by officials, not poor southern drivers. WSW was issued at 330am. Plenty of time to close the schools and tell non-essential employees to stay home.

Archived