Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 13-21st Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heart of the band about a mile or two east of me right now. Thinking this is just about as far as she'll get. LOT was right on the money emphasizing SE Lake County.

Yeah that might be about it.

1.8" here as of 11pm.

2.2" the final total here.  Still some very light snow, but it's pretty much over.  Fun event.

Some interesting bands of snow on the DVN radar over east-central Iowa.  Very narrow, yet intense bands of snow. 

I noticed that too...and in fact have noticed that a few times this winter out there

With an eastward facing driveway, some drifts on the north side pushing 16".

Still -SN and really blowing around.

disregarding accums....if one were out in the elements, this event has created some of the most treacherous conditions between the wind, snow, and temps (for a solid 3 or 4 hours now at my local) of the season thus far

disregarding accums....if one were out in the elements, this event has created some of the most treacherous conditions between the wind, snow, and temps (for a solid 3 or 4 hours now at my local) of the season thus far

Yeah the family and I went to go see Anchorman 2 at 5pm and the temp was 33, got out and it was 20 degrees, snowing and windy.

Yeah the family and I went to go see Anchorman 2 at 5pm and the temp was 33, got out and it was 20 degrees, snowing and windy.

nice, how were the roads after the movie....between the low temps and the wind (and additional snowfall since you got home) I would imagine the roads will be quite messy for a good chunk of tomorrow if they weren't already...

currently just watching waves of snow racing past the street lights out front...

LES band is pushing back east of ORD. It didn't stall out as long as I thought it would around there.

RAP has been hinting at it oscillating a touch back west before it's main progression east into southern cook and Indiana....

per enhancement south and east of the plume and direct plume orientation north of the border I could see it maybe doing a quick jog west

Hoping for more pictures in the chicago band! Wow...what a winter.

When the going is good... expected absolutely nothing but it snowed beautifully from about 6-11pm (with flurries an hour either side). Picked up a completely unforecast 1.5" of snow, despite every single model keeping all the snow south of us. Huge dendrites, very fluffy (nearly 40-1 ratios). DTW picked up 1.4", and I dont doubt there will be 2"+ reports near Ann Arbor.

Love how this fresh snow gave the snow, particularly the snowbanks, a velvetty look.

3774-800.jpg

NICE pile lol

3775-800.jpg

3776-800.jpg

Archived