Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 13-21st Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never modeled to hit here so I didn't even think twice about in fact it wasn't until I checked on here that I remembered there was even a clipper today.

Right now we are getting some --SN here with decent flakes though so it look cool!!

Same here...flakes have been in the air basically constantly since our clipper departed early yesterday. Picked up 0.1" last night, 0.1" this morning, and may get grazed by the clipper tonight here. DTW is at 4th snowiest January thru Jan 17th and now has 2 weeks to pick up 3.5" to hit #1.

Why is i65 so awful?

I 69 will be next. I don't know why I 65 and certain stretches of 69 are so bad. I do know there are some open, flat stretches in Huntington Co that allows the wind to blow the snow across the road and it is difficult to keep the ice cleared.

I 69 will be next. I don't know why I 65 and certain stretches of 69 are so bad. I do know there are some open, flat stretches in Huntington Co that allows the wind to blow the snow across the road and it is difficult to keep the ice cleared.

Tim hit on why I-65 is bad around here...but besides that, there are plenty of open stretches for miles and miles with wide open fields on either side of the road.  Really nothing to hinder the snow from blowing around.

Archived