Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January 13-21st Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where in Edmonton lol just kidding. How are you enjoying the warm wx out there?

Very pleasant. With above freezing temps and no precip for the foreseeable future, it'll be interesting to see if all the snow melts. Per the locals, green grass in Jan is basically unheard of.

39.8" of snow at the airport here for 2013-14. Downtown Toronto's at 25.1" last I checked. Next couple of weeks will be lots of opportunities to close the gap, even without a big snowstorm, as the Edmonton number ain't going nowhere.

Decent -SN continues here, with dime/penny sized dendrites.

Sitting at 0.6" with this round from this afternoon.

Based on radar and short term guidance showing precip continuing for several more hours, 1-2" is likely in play.

Seems like that kinda came out of nowhere?  Don't remember the models really showing much.

Very pleasant. With above freezing temps and no precip for the foreseeable future, it'll be interesting to see if all the snow melts. Per the locals, green grass in Jan is basically unheard of.

39.8" of snow at the airport here for 2013-14. Downtown Toronto's at 25.1" last I checked. Next couple of weeks will be lots of opportunities to close the gap, even without a big snowstorm, as the Edmonton number ain't going nowhere.

Looks pretty boring here for at least the next wek. After that we may try to bring in some storms after the predicted brutal cold.

1.0" here today, monster flakes fluffing up big time.

Half inch in the last 45 mins.

A little shy of your total...but about the same OBS...monster flake snowglobe palooza .... just drove to a big/well lit parking lot....pretty sweet winter scene...

you can actually see the dendrites stacking and leaving pockets of air as they collect on surfaces...pretty cool

Looking at RAP mesoanalysis and fcst soundings, looks like a 200-300mb deep DGZ over northeast IL this evening.

Will be curious to see if ratios are higher than expected tomorrow. Should also see a fairly deep DGZ as well.

Early RAP runs show it around 200mb+ above the inversion progged around 850mb but if that were to be colder it could end up even deeper.

Looks like nice whitener for areas west and south of the city of chicago proper. Reality, watch radars for what will really occur. These things have had more then a few surprises this week. Would be typical for the most hyped to be the heartbreaker.

0z NAM looks good for central IN. LAF sitting in the northeast side of the 0.25" band...probably a good place to be.

Looks like our qpf went up by a few hundredths on this run. 

Given the banding I think there's more potential upside than downside to this event.  Certainly would not be surprised to see a period of rates near 1" per hour or possibly greater.

Given the banding I think there's more potential upside than downside to this event. Certainly would not be surprised to see a period of rates near 1" per hour or possibly greater.

Yeah besides the short duration, a lot going for it I produce some impressive banding and rates for sure.

Given the banding I think there's more potential upside than downside to this event.  Certainly would not be surprised to see a period of rates near 1" per hour or possibly greater.

Yep, definitely think there'll be some localized lollis. Feeling lucky?  

Archived