BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
Freezing Rain Advisory Late Tonight and Tomorrow Morning

Absolute Humidity

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In an absolutely amazing display of incompetence the vast majority of roads outside of Route 1 have not been treated in C. NJ.

Driving right now is a nightmare due to the freezing rain.

I have heard of some municipalities being conservative with salt, as their supplies are running low.

Shades of 1994.    I still remember back then, KYW tracking the salt supply trucks down the Turnpike as we had been driving on 1" of solid ice for 3 days.

I have heard of some municipalities being conservative with salt, as their supplies are running low.

Shades of 1994.    I still remember back then, KYW tracking the salt supply trucks down the Turnpike as we had been driving on 1" of solid ice for 3 days.

No shortage of salt on the turnpike -- four trucks spaced out in the 13 miles I drove from Downingtown to King of Prussia.

.2" snow before all ice hell broke loose. 
Mt Holly was all over this yesterday afternoon. Kudos to them.

I was actually in 5 car "bumper car" Incident this morning, luckily just a cracked license plate cover. All but the highways, Rt 33, 9 and Mainstreet (537) were salted. Seem's like some towns were out of salt? None of the roads in Plainsboro were salted. Accidents as far as the eye could see. Worse than any snowstorm.         

•  

I was actually in 5 car "bumper car" Incident this morning, luckily just a cracked license plate cover. All but the highways, Rt 33, 9 and Mainstreet (537) were salted. Seem's like some towns were out of salt? None of the roads in Plainsboro were salted. Accidents as far as the eye could see. Worse than any snowstorm.         

Yeah driving through town to town on the back roads on my way to work from Monmouth to Mercer this morning you could see the difference. Marlboro was good, Manalanpan horrible, Monroe horrible, South Brunswick good, Cranbury good, Plainsboro horrible and then the rest were major roads so they were good. 

Yeah driving through town to town on the back roads on my way to work from Monmouth to Mercer this morning you could see the difference. Marlboro was good, Manalanpan horrible, Monroe horrible, South Brunswick good, Cranbury good, Plainsboro horrible and then the rest were major roads so they were good. 

Yeah, One Mile Road, Cranberry Road and Cranberry Neck road, were all train wreaks. 

Archived