• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
1/5/14 thru 1/6/14 event

Mikehobbyst

At least in western Nassau we've already lost some of our snow pack and our temp is only 35 and no rain yet so I for one will be surprised if we have anything left after tonight besides in parking lots. Temperatures near 50 a se wind and heavy rain is a recipe for disaster at least on the island. Inland won't be as warm and there supposedly supposed to drop much faster tomorrow then the coast that's why Upton only believes a flash freeze will happen west of NYC.. I hope I'm proven wrong..

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least in western Nassau we've already lost some of our snow pack and our temp is only 35 and no rain yet so I for one will be surprised if we have anything left after tonight besides in parking lots. Temperatures near 50 a se wind and heavy rain is a recipe for disaster at least on the island. Inland won't be as warm and there supposedly supposed to drop much faster tomorrow then the coast that's why Upton only believes a flash freeze will happen west of NYC.. I hope I'm proven wrong..

0.25" is heavy rain? This isnt a washout. Most models have us under 0.30" of precip tomorrow. Temps will only be above 50 for a short amount of time. Bay temps are astoundingly cold and many places on the immediate south shore might not even crack 50.

Radar is pretty impressive to our west with the front all that snow is going to be heavy rain for us tomorrow morning. Hopefully the cold air comes all the way to the coast faster then forecast and with any luck maybe we can get a snow showers behind it although as of now that's not in my forecast from upton it was last night but changed this am.

Radar is pretty impressive to our west with the front all that snow is going to be heavy rain for us tomorrow morning. Hopefully the cold air comes all the way to the coast faster then forecast and with any luck maybe we can get a snow showers behind it although as of now that's not in my forecast from upton it was last night but changed this am.

All that precip is also lifting northward as well. What we'll see is what they are getting more south around Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, which is light showers.

My bad TWCCraig you would definitely be correct most of that is moving north. Hopefully I'm wrong and I do have some snow left but I have to agree with absolute humidity I also lost about half of the snow already not sure why temps are steady between 34-35 I wish I took pictures this am and again now to show the difference. Maybe it's mostly from compacting and not so much melting.......

I just drove back from Forked River in New Jersey to New Hyde Park in Western Nassau County.

Some incredible dense fog in areas....scary but cool at the same time when it just goes down to almost no visibility. Driscoll Bridge was nasty at the highest part going over. 

Temp was 50 on car reading when I left and dropped from there as I went north to 36 by The Outerbridge Crossing. Then temps went up again going across Staten Island to 45 on Verrazano Bridge. Arrive in NHP and 50.

Archived