clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might end up being cooler then tomorrow night?

No I don't think so...we're going to have such a low starting point tomorrow night that I think they'll be that cold by 10 or 11pm. But it could be one of those deals where the airport levels off at like -3F or something and surrounding lower spots are putting up -15F.

No I don't think so...we're going to have such a low starting point tomorrow night that I think they'll be that cold by 10 or 11pm. But it could be one of those deals where the airport levels off at like -3F or something and surrounding lower spots are putting up -15F.

That's what I mean...only for ORH.

I'm sure low el areas will hit -10.

Model surface temps nailed this.

Yeah I didn't believe them, I figured they were about 5F too cold...but they weren't. If anything they might have been a touch too warm...at least 36 hours ago. I remember thinking 2F and snow was unlikely at ORH. I was thinking more like 5-6F.

That's what I mean...only for ORH.

I'm sure low el areas will hit -10.

I think with the fresh snow cover, ORH will beat -2F...but they are always quirky...its a tough spot to forecast mins for on radiational cooling nights...esp in winter. I've seen them have hourly obs of like 2F, 2F, 4F, 5F and their low was -1F mixed in there...other times its telling the truth more. I'll bet their low isn't near dawn though with WAA aloft overnight Friday night.

Yeah I didn't believe them, I figured they were about 5F too cold...but they weren't. If anything they might have been a touch too warm...at least 36 hours ago. I remember thinking 2F and snow was unlikely at ORH. I was thinking more like 5-6F.

I know I felt the same as you did. Aside from the mesoscale stuff, the cold may be remembered more.

looking at 4z RAP, wonder if best is behind us in Boston... 14" at Logan by dawn should be it if we're starting from 10.6" at midnight

awesome storm and legit historic with the temps, but the synoptic / CCB snows billed as "worst part of the storm" haven't really materialized

gonna venture out for some pics and to breath it in

looking at 4z RAP, wonder if best is behind us in Boston... 14" at Logan by dawn should be it if we're starting from 10.6" at midnight

awesome storm and legit historic with the temps, but the synoptic / CCB snows billed as "worst part of the storm" haven't really materialized

gonna venture out for some pics and to breath it in

this second part reminds me of 12_21/09, South is getting smoked, LI, SW and SE CT

Archived