• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

Blown away by this... If it ended now with my 7" and temps at -1F, I'm amazed we combined snow with temperatures like this ...

I frequent Barrow Alaska, and various sites in ND, and we tie them.  It's -2 here with .25 vis in blowing dust and S-.  It's an unusual winter getting those climes down this way.  I was stunned when the NAM suggested this two nights ago, and here we are.    

Very memorable event indeed.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was thinking 12-1. Just never really had great rates here or more than -SN. Prob 6-7" total by the end.

yeah, I could see another 2" at most if snow growth / rates continue to be like this .. or 4"-5" if it ramps up soon, which I think there might be some potential. some banding overhead is producing slightly better flakes

I was just out in this for 20 minutes and the combo of wind, snow and temps is the most brutal I've been in around here. Its different than a clear, cold -10F or even a CAA -2F....its moist outside so it cuts that much more through your body when there is wind.

I was just out in this for 20 minutes and the combo of wind, snow and temps is the most brutal I've been in around here. Its different than a clear, cold -10F or even a CAA -2F....its moist outside so it cuts that much more through your body when there is wind.

My ears still feel numb...lol. It feels awesome.

wtf happened to the synoptic snows? All low level oes. Everything else died. Spc and KTAN talking about all these features for the last couple of hours providing heavy snows....still looks to be almost entirely lower level

The canal really is in a slithole of ****. Even when the banding was materializing.

Cyclogenesis is still in the process and the low is still pretty far south.  You can see that as the low continues to deepen stronger banding is starting to wrap around the low.  Even the latest NAM/GFS continue to indicate that the potential for some pretty strong banding across eastern MA will exist well past 7-8 AM tomorrow.  There may be a lull with the heavier stuff but it's coming after 1-2 AM or so.  

Under any banding it's going to rip like crazy for a period of time and given how fluffy the snow is it will pile up quick.  I keep thinking back to Feb 06 where the snow was so fluffy here that under the CCB I got 14'' in just 3 hours.  

Blown away by this... If it ended now with my 7" and temps at -1F, I'm amazed we combined snow with temperatures like this ...

I frequent Barrow Alaska, and various sites in ND, and we tie them. It's -2 here with .25 vis in blowing dust and S-. It's an unusual winter getting those climes down this way. I was stunned when the NAM suggested this two nights ago, and here we are.

Remember this ... because in years to come, you might just say, "remember that one storm, back in early 2014, when it was below zero and snowed a foot?"

I am hoping Jerry and I are around for Leon's 3 pete in 2034, Shot hour. Just amazing, radar looks great

Archived