clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody should hold it against you bro.  Measured 3" here just now also, dense stuff.  Dryslot filling in now and it's improved.  If I wake up to 6" I'll call it a win.

Nice, you've overperformed locally at any rate. 

GL folks, congrats to you easterners.  True arctic air is always the #1 powder keg element in my book.

Measured 4.7 here but considering the blowing snow and my amateur status credibilty is a bit suspect.

Thanks - I was rooting for the storm to spread North but it seems like the northern extent tapered off quickly.

I left Bartlett,NH @ 530 pm and it was at least moderate (but only had 3 or 3.5 on day At that point. Stop'd in freedom ,nh around 7pm And they had a "good" six inches of powder. So pretty sign. Difference they has in waa snows today (as i thought) w dentrite's reports .

Thats all i got

Heading to bed shortly. About 8 inches give or take a bit. If I wake up with a foot.... This storm is a win.

Truthfully not sold on the fact we see four more inches.

I think 12+ is a reach here..... Time will tell

If Taunton has 8" I wouldn't be complaining.  That's a good amount and you should easily get more overnight.  We're just starting from such a deficit down here I'm a little bummed for MY area not anyone elses.   I didn't buy into the higher totals, but I'll be bummed out if we don't at least make a run at 10" or so.  Good luck the rest of the night.

This is Kevin's nightmare. My yard is a Dairy Queen scene of drifts.

:lol:

How much you estimate you have? I can't even begin to estimate.

I couldn't even guess what the actual total is here.

BOS now down to 3.

KBOS 030308Z 36020G27KT 1/4SM R04R/4500VP6000FT SN BLSN FZFG VV009 M16/M18 A2988 RMK AO2 PK WND 36028/0256 P0000 $

Awesome.

Just went for a weenie walk. COLD. Absolutely bonechilling. Blizzard like outside, warning or not. Makes me feel better.

Throwing these up for the weatherman types. Sagamore bridge. Again maybe 2 or so". There's more right on the water but not much more. Still just very light snow

geqene5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We almost are always way over estimated on snowfall totals here. I have never relied on what they say. If they say a foot here i expect 4-6 inches.

You are gonna play catch up soon.

I hope you're right but I'm not seeing a foot plus falling to get most of us down here towards the totals everyone is tossing out.

The RAP has been having none of this heavy total stuff...let's see how it does.

I think we're relying on ratios down here to pull off what happened up north.  We're not going to get anywhere near as cold as you guys until morning as the precip is ending. 

KTAN was talking about synoptic heavy snows breaking out...radar is devoid of anything but thin banded OES in SE MA still.

If Taunton has 8" I wouldn't be complaining. That's a good amount and you should easily get more overnight. We're just starting from such a deficit down here I'm a little bummed for MY area not anyone elses. I didn't buy into the higher totals, but I'll be bummed out if we don't at least make a run at 10" or so. Good luck the rest of the night.

I'm happy believe me, just thought we may do better, but hey it's only 11 so well see....

I think you end up with a foot IMO. It's going to snowing for a good 10-12 more hours there, and it should really crank in the wee hours for you more than anyone else.

Truthfully, I'll be happy no matter what. Winter weather is far from automatic in this area.

Hope you catch up and exceed expectations, all the best

Starting to see some nice hints at improving radar back over OKX

I was just noticing the same thing.  Feel like it's filling in a bit better and have a little more confidence that all of the good snow doesn't pass out to sea below us.  It's coming down pretty steadily out there right now and wind continues to increase.  Hard to tell what's falling and what has fallen, but we're definitely over a foot.  Probably right around 13 inches would be my best guess.  More at my office in North Andover about 3 miles NE.

We almost are always way over estimated on snowfall totals here. I have never relied on what they say. If they say a foot here i expect 4-6 inches.

Not a well understood climo area. 

My vis is back to almost 3 miles, I have a marker that is well lit that far away, no problems seeing it again right now.

I think about from exit 5 north will be fine.  They're getting hit hard now with a nice long fetch OES band.  Down here...it's going to be ragged and needed synoptic support until we get a trajectory not tackled by the arm of the cape.  That is still hours away.

I was just noticing the same thing.  Feel like it's filling in a bit better and have a little more confidence that all of the good snow doesn't pass out to sea below us.  It's coming down pretty steadily out there right now and wind continues to increase.  Hard to tell what's falling and what has fallen, but we're definitely over a foot.  Probably right around 13 inches would be my best guess.  More at my office in North Andover about 3 miles NE.

All about the mid levels will talked about earlier. Stacking and filling out

I hope you're right but I'm not seeing a foot plus falling to get most of us down here towards the totals everyone is tossing out.

The RAP has been having none of this heavy total stuff...let's see how it does.

I think we're relying on ratios down here to pull off what happened up north.  We're not going to get anywhere near as cold as you guys until morning as the precip is ending. 

KTAN was talking about synoptic heavy snows breaking out...radar is devoid of anything but thin banded OES in SE MA still.

The RAP actually destroys after about 7-8z...after the CF is through there. It gives you about 0.75" of qpf between now and the end of the storm. Not sure I'd bite on that, but if the RAP verifies, you'll make 10-12"

I'm happy believe me, just thought we may do better, but hey it's only 11 so well see....

I think you end up with a foot IMO. It's going to snowing for a good 10-12 more hours there, and it should really crank in the wee hours for you more than anyone else.

Truthfully, I'll be happy no matter what. Winter weather is far from automatic in this area.

Hope you catch up and exceed expectations, all the best

It's just snow....I was just hoping for some good rates.  You can see yet another cake hole opening up in SE MA.  I don't get it, reminds me of the event last year where RI got donated.

There's been some weird shadowing all day and night in the same area that's effected a few posters here.

Main roads still pretty much bare around here.  LOL.

The RAP actually destroys after about 7-8z...after the CF is through there. It gives you about 0.75" of qpf between now and the end of the storm. Not sure I'd bite on that, but if the RAP verifies, you'll make 10-12"

Will which hour run?  I'm looking at the ones on this site which seem to lag.....good to know because on the one I looked at there were no .1" or more for any period.

Archived