January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my bad....for real.

No worries, man.

I'm moody as all hell lately.

Anyway, had the look to me all along of Boston points se deal for the main show...thought it may get up to rt 128, but once I looked at RAD tonight...done.

The heavy duty snow in these very cold events tends to have a great deal of difficulty moving beyond the low level forcing associated with those oes feeders on the s shore....took one look at RAD, and said to myself "pinned"...no further n than Logan.

Oh well.

Rates became much better after the coastal front passed. I did notice that. Down to 6.4 here

Yeah. I can't tell you how pathetic the snows are here right now despite the radar. I think there's no way I get near 10". Too early to spike the football but I don't see 14" happening near mby. There's nothing to make me think we can attain 1-2" per hour rates for the rest of the night. By the time the cf comes thru it's 2-4am and it's winding down. Nice storm but....

i NEVER get the jackpot or even close to it and know that its just about IMPOSSIBLE back this way but i dont think its wrong to be just a little bummed out when it seems like theres much bigger totals all around. i didnt experience a fraction of the victories ct folk have recently either so i CAN BE A LITTLE BENT OUT OF SHAPE over it snowing for 24 hours with less than three inches to show for it.

LOL

John, you vday meltdown in 2007 was epic....damn, Christine!! lol

You also melted down during the Boxing day event.

It happens...I have a ton on my mind right now, so...

Yeah, I admit... I rarely melt down over the weather but the b-day storm was annoying for me.  A lot of that in my own defense, though, wasn't missing the snow so much, but that the models all had this weird "v-notch" in the QPF right over ...well, me, and it verified so perfectly.  The models are never right about stupid idiosyncratic nuance like that, yet they were then.  

Some 10 pm obs around...

BED 030256 VV012                        0.5 SN               0  -5   0212G21

BOS 030254 VV010                       0.25 SNBLSN      4   0   3619G28 G 28

LWM 030254 VV013                          1 -SN             1  -7    0219G29 G 29

Archived