• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

I just did an errand. Like days of old for my 1 mile walk in blowing snow, drifting snow, temperature approaching zilch......long live winter!

The closest this comes to in my 67 years is the big KU of December 11-12/1960 in terms I heavy falling and blowing snow and very cold temps. A special winter this one is morphing into.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becoming incredibly hard to get any type of feel for how much snow there actually is.

Creeping up on 7 inches here.

Feeling good for the RI peeps. Been a rough couple of storms with dry slots there. Looks like they are cashing in here as well

Looks like about 5" or so down here.  I can see Mass. out of my window though so I'm certainly not in the heart of RI.   I'm liking LI to SE CT to Taunton to Plymouth on south/ east based on radar trends.  That is a potent dome of arctic air north of the banding...

:baby:

Meltdown??

All I said was that I wasn't going to waste the night....piss off.

There's a snow OCD on this board, that's why... 

Those on here for the virtue of the science understands the rarety of this kind of scenario, and appreciates it just fine. 

John, I can marvel at the pics tmw...I have to be up at 6, have a gf and a sick father.....so it isn't worth it if I can't see anything spectacular out my own window.

As someone who has been prone to meltdowns in the past, if you can't understand that, then sit on your science and spin.

I just did an errand. Like days of old for my 1 mile walk in blowing snow, drifting snow, temperature approaching zilch......long live winter!

The closest this comes to in my 67 years is the big KU of December 11-12/1960 in terms I heavy falling and blowing snow and very cold temps. A special winter this one is morphing into.

I remember your PM well, nailed the winter outlook so far

Until the cutter...

Looks like about 5" or so down here. I can see Mass. out of my window though so I'm certainly not in the heart of RI. I'm liking LI to SE CT to Taunton to Plymouth on south/ east based on radar trends. That is a potent dome of arctic air north of the banding...

Your in a good spot for this too. I agree, I think pretty much anyone south and east or providence to boston is in a pretty nice area for this

Tell me about it, this storm blows chunks here. How many days til May 1st?

:lol:

We aren't obviously going to do as well as further East but we'll see a decent period of heavier snows overnight.  My 8-12'' call state wide may end up being a little high but I guess 6-10'' is still a solid bet....which isn't bad at all.  

I actually have not started my May 1st countdown yet...only start that when winter is blowing

Meltdown??

All I said was that I wasn't going to waste the night....piss off.

John, I can marvel at the pics tmw...I have to be up at 6, have a gf and a sick father.....so it isn't worth it if I can't see anything spectacular out my own window.

As someone who has been prone to meltdowns in the past, if you can't understand that, then sit on your science and spin.

you downplayed it leading up to the start....and it wasnt until you overperformed today that you finally released the tension on your grip as you typed on the keyboard. now that you arent thrilled with the radar, the tension builds up again. relax your fingers.

totally understand if life is more important that snow (I hope it is), but you sure as heck dont exhibit that in your posts recently.

AWT, congrats my man, congrats

:lol:

We aren't obviously going to do as well as further East but we'll see a decent period of heavier snows overnight.  My 8-12'' call state wide may end up being a little high but I guess 6-10'' is still a solid bet....which isn't bad at all.  

I actually have not started my May 1st countdown yet...only start that when winter is blowing

I'm sort of doubting that ever really materializes this far west but we'll see.

Until the cutter...

Not a winter in my life when that didn't happen. Part of the ebb and flow but we're going on about 40 days of cold temps and above normal snow tos tart thngs off. BOS should have close to 30 on the season on 1/3. Trust me, that's special. Cutters gonna cut. Tonight it's snowing and frigid, that's why we love this.....the changes even if we don't wants one of them.

Thoughts on the heavier echoes diminishing as they reach NYC as they seemingly hit a brick wall near Sandy Hook, New Jersey? Do you guys think our South Coast areas will be having the same problem in a couple hours?

That's because those echoes are rain. It's not a brick wall they are hitting, that is the RA/SN line.

Not a winter in my life when that didn't happen. Part of the ebb and flow but we're going on about 40 days of cold temps and above normal snow tos tart thngs off. BOS should have close to 30 on the season on 1/3. Trust me, that's special. Cutters gonna cut. Tonight it's snowing and frigid, that's why we love this.....the changes even if we don't wants one of them.

Yeah I like your positivity and acceptance of the cutter. I just have come to grips with it yet. Wish I could see wall to wall cold and snow lol

you downplayed it leading up to the start....and it wasnt until you overperformed today that you finally released the tension on your grip as you typed on the keyboard. now that you arent thrilled with the radar, the tension builds up again. relax your fingers.

totally understand if life is more important that snow (I hope it is), but you sure as heck dont exhibit that in your posts recently.

I would let it go...

I called for 8-12"...hell of a downplay.

I made about 2-3 posts with a frustrated undertone this evening..let it go.

Jesus.

-.1/-4

Below zero.

Archived