• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

Measurements have been tough to get because my driveway had been cleared at some point prior to my getting home from work at 4:30 this afternoon.  It was snowing hard and I still measured 9.5 inches after the clearing.  At 8:15 I measured 16 in other areas.

I am in the corner of North Andover (MA) near the Boxford and Middleton borders.  I saw the weather service map with a 16 inch reading in Boxford.  Thinking that was impossible I took some steps out to measure only to get the same thing.  The winds are picking up so drifting has started. 

I tried to get some pictures but it was hard to get some with good dimension.  Now I'm having some issues with loading the pictures.  Here is the link to them on the AW gallery album:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/gallery/album/32-storm-night-20140102/

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The waa was a little more impressive than I had though, but this is exactly what I expected with round II.

One more measurement, then I'm out...not gonna waste the night.

Yeah, radar trends seem to focus way offshore if anything, or maybe LI/CT/RI/ SE MA.  Light snow and howling winds for a few hours, and then it's pretty much done.

Measurements have been tough to get because my driveway had been cleared at some point prior to my getting home from work at 4:30 this afternoon. It was snowing hard and I still measured 9.5 inches after the clearing. At 8:15 I measured 16 in other areas.

I am in the corner of North Andover (MA) near the Boxford and Middleton borders. I saw the weather service map with a 16 inch reading in Boxford. Thinking that was impossible I took some steps out to measure only to get the same thing. The winds are picking up so drifting has started.

I tried to get some pictures but it was hard to get some with good dimension. Now I'm having some issues with loading the pictures. Here is the link to them on the AW gallery album:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/gallery/album/32-storm-night-20140102/

nice

Well I'll be damned if this storm doesn't actually over-perform... It already has.  Boxford in with 16" prior to 7pm and snowing about 2X rad capacitance in this insane cold air is .. 

Nearing 7 or 8" here in Ayer and it's absolutely brutal outside.  Just the combined impact of moderate snow and excessive cold/w-chill here pushes this into a major bracket as far as impact.   Rads filling in and SPC states that latest SREF actually has the worst yet to come, midnight through dawn.   

3F, S.   Ayer Ma

its a really fun system regardless of the amount in your yard....I dont understand the meltdowns.

There's a snow OCD on this board, that's why... 

Those on here for the virtue of the science understands the rarety of this kind of scenario, and appreciates it just fine. 

Well I'll be damned if this storm doesn't actually over-perform... It already has. Boxford in with 16" prior to 7pm and snowing about 2X rad capacitance in this insane cold air is ..

Nearing 7 or 8" here in Ayer and it's absolutely brutal outside. Just the combined impact of moderate snow and excessive cold/w-chill here pushes this into a major bracket as far as impact. Rads filling in and SPC states that latest SREF actually has the worst yet to come, midnight through dawn.

3F, S. Ayer Ma

One small geo area has overperformed. It's been a turd burglar down here up to now. Let's see what the night brings.

Becoming incredibly hard to get any type of feel for how much snow there actually is.

Creeping up on 7 inches here.

Feeling good for the RI peeps. Been a rough couple of storms with dry slots there. Looks like they are cashing in here as well

Less then 4 inches still ;( Hopefully it starts piling up. You'll be over a foot in no time.

Becoming incredibly hard to get any type of feel for how much snow there actually is.

Creeping up on 7 inches here.

Feeling good for the RI peeps. Been a rough couple of storms with dry slots there. Looks like they are cashing in here as well

tough to tell here as well.  maybe 5 or so not snowing as hard atm but seems like the heavier echoes are building in again.

Those on here for the virtue of the science understands the rarety of this kind of scenario, and appreciates it just fine. 

With most of us in a sheer state of euphoria and ecstasy, now would be a good time to throw a few kudos to Tim Kelley for his potential blizzard prediction 5 days before the event.  That alone should get him a contract extension at NECN, all the while getting the last laugh on us for railing on him Saturday.

Man, it is cold here in Mendon, Ma.  3F, but we only have 3" on the ground (as best I can tell with the wind).  I'm looking at the radar and I'm thinking we're busting low.  It amazes me to see some of the totals on the north shore.  Very funny storm.

its the little girl in AT&T commercial saying "we want more, we want more".

we all have or will experience the jackpot...cant hit it EVERY time!

Archived