happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be wary of thinking too negatively yet. As the MD notes, the storm is going to really bomb. Keep in mind this can have both negative and positive effects. You will probably see a lot of the precip lingering to the west fizzle quickly as the storm becomes organized. At the same time if you are close enough to the coast it may develop some unpredicted bands of snow. Always have to exercise caution in the inexact science.

We'll see some pretty insane banding overnight as cycogenesis undergoes and the sfc/850/700 low track nearby.  Temperatures aren't really going to budge much but we will continue to see some slight WAA at 850mb.  

The one big difference overnight is once those lows really crank and the circulations tighten up that is going to lead to some pretty hefty bands developing with snowfall rates probably closing in on 3'' per hour at times.  

The CCB with this thing is going to be insane

The stuff over you is mid level, however the best forcing is SE. I thought you were thinking you may be sniffing exhaust and it wouldn't be from the stuff down here. 850 is starting to crank.

What can we expect NW of the city for the remainder?  Seems we could be on the outside looking in.  Just missed the best of the OES this afternoon.

What can we expect NW of the city for the remainder?  Seems we could be on the outside looking in.  Just missed the best of the OES this afternoon.

It may begin to quiet down a bit, but I wouldn't be shocked at another uptick after midnight with the mid level lows moving through.

We'll see some pretty insane banding overnight as cycogenesis undergoes and the sfc/850/700 low track nearby.  Temperatures aren't really going to budge much but we will continue to see some slight WAA at 850mb.  

The one big difference overnight is once those lows really crank and the circulations tighten up that is going to lead to some pretty hefty bands developing with snowfall rates probably closing in on 3'' per hour at times.  

The CCB with this thing is going to be insane

I think the best thing one can take out of that SPC disco is the fact they expect the best banding to occur post midnight. That would excite those south and east of the pike.

Interior E MA areas that are staring at the radar and sort of worried definitely have some justification in doing so. Still evidence on radar of great OES at the immediate coastline BOS on south. That is a good sign for coastal communities. All of that stuff smoking my area on south now is still very much OES driven, just flourishing with the storm taking on shape. An added boost. A shot of HGH.

I think the best thing one can take out of that SPC disco is the fact they expect the best banding to occur post midnight. That would excite those south and east of the pike.

Interior E MA areas that are staring at the radar and sort of worried definitely have some justification in doing so. Still evidence on radar of great OES at the immediate coastline BOS on south. That is a good sign for coastal communities. All of that stuff smoking my area on south now is still very much OES driven, just flourishing with the storm taking on shape. An added boost. A shot of HGH.

Yeah the best banding should occur between 6-12z or so.  

The OES has been absolutely awesome for eastern MA and even if it does start to slow soon, they will crank again overnight...they are in a prime position for getting crushed by the CCB

Archived