• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sambakken
    Newest Member
    sambakken
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

Channel 7 just reported that the effects will be minimal on the north side of Boston for the storm coming up the coast. How minimal is minimal? How much additional snow should I expect in Reading, MA ......we have around 8" right now.

People that don't normally post ridiculous amounts ....have been. Should I expect quite a bit more?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6F and about 2" on the deck rail as I look at it now. Amazing that folks to the east already have close to 10x that amount, lol. Great stuff! Enjoy the dumpage for the folks that get it! Deep-cold-winter!

. Go measure on a surface like a driveway or walkway. My deck rail also only has 2" but over 5 to 6 on other surfaces. Blowing around

Yea I had no idea the OES was going to be this incredible thus far. 30" totals are definitely in play in Essex County. To have 15" inch amounts under what look like 20-25 dBZ echoes all day is rather impressive but not surprising given the dendritic snow growth being down to the ocean floor. 

Seems to be the first real "lull" here in about 8 hours.  Very light snow falling.  Guessing 10-11 inches on the ground thus far.  Curious to see what tonight brings. Seems to be a lot of contradictory information right now, ranging from another 10-12 to like 2-4.  No idea what to expect after the surprise of today.

. Go measure on a surface like a driveway or walkway. My deck rail also only has 2" but over 5 to 6 on other surfaces. Blowing around

I wish that were the truth here, but we woke to 1" this morning and it's been doing nothing but pixie dusting here all day.  I just walked out in my yard and took 3 different random measurements and it was all about 2". 

I'm safe in Boston.

That was.... The WORST DRIVE EVER BY A MILE!!!! Accident on 95, could barely get going from a standstill, EVERY Road from RI to Boston was covered in 0.5" of hard icy snow, no matter the Highway or back road.

Unbelievable what happens when it scores even a little BUT the temperature is under 20*. When snow does Not melt, Total Disasters occur.

Archived