sambakken
    Newest Member
    sambakken
January 2nd/3rd Storm Observations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got 1.5" here of 12:1 ratio snow at -4F.

Some real impressive obs from the North Country with regards to falling snow at obscene temperatures. 

MSS...-11/-18...light snow 1.75sm...wind chill -35F

BTV...-11/-18...light snow 1.25sm...wind chill -33F

RUT...-8/-11....light snow 1.25sm... wind chill -22F

SLK...-8/-13....light snow 1.00sm... wind chill -28F

Can anyone remember a time when steady synoptic snow was falling at temps around -10F or in the negative double digits?  Snow with wind chills in the negative 30s?!  Boston's temps sound like a heat wave right now ;)

Reports of 18" in Essex county. Now sit back. Look at this. Realize that the storm hasn't even started in NYC yet. WOW. This is what we wait all summer for.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

Sharp gradient over the eastern half of Middlesex CO, dude....I had 4-5" when I left work in KBED, and built up to 8" by the time that I had made the 8 mi track home.

I guess there is like 1' another 8 mi ne in Andover lol

if we could of just gotten the flow to buckle a bit, this would of been historic up and down the entire seaboard. radar looks really juicy, unfortunately its going to slide more ENE then NE. still a great system, esp for you guys in E MA.

.......awaiting 30" reports tomorrow morning.

West Newbury will hit 30"..there is your jack pot.

Funny, I speculated whether those towns in the ne corner would jackpot due to the nexus of oe contributions and waa, but decided against it when Phil countered with the idea that the flow would shift northerly too quickly to hammer them.

Sharp gradient over the eastern half of Middlesex CO, dude....I had 4-5" when I left work in KBED, and built up to 8" by the time that I had made the 8 mi track home.

I guess there is like 1' another 8 mi ne in Andover lol

Just saw that my apartment has 13". haven't been living there for the past few weeks, on break though.

This is a first for me...check this out; the temp gradient is so drastic in eastern MA, that one can easily discern the location of the cf by the streak of color along the immediate E MA coastline, and into se MA.

Follow the string of 21's and 10's  lol

http://www.pdfamily.com/weather/mesomap.htm

Can see it really clearly here from about Braintree on SSW.  Down to 14.5 here now, CF went through about 20 min ago.

post-4399-0-99356500-1388706142_thumb.gi

West Newbury will hit 30"..there is your jack pot.

Funny, I speculated whether those towns in the ne corner would jackpot due to the nexus of oe contributions and waa, but decided against it when Phil countered with the idea that the flow would shift northerly too quickly to hammer them.

did you already surpass your MBY forecast?

Just saw that my apartment has 13". haven't been living there for the past few weeks, on break though.

This event reminds me of Jan 2005 in that N of Boston jumped out to the early lead, with the oe/waa couplet early on in a super arctic environment, then the we lulled an the 2nd part pounded the s shore and cape.

I think this will be a more progressive version.

Archived