Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you really want to talk KU potential, the system on the 28/29 screams KU potential. Massive energy diving, massive ridge out west, and incredible temperature gradient. Didn't HM call this over a week ago? If that's true then that's amazing. The 18z gfs is exactly where you want to be in this range. 

The system for Super Bowl weekend seems to continue to push later and later. System now blowing up Saturday night over the mid-west and deep south and is weaker.

Well....bit of a disappointing run. Still waiting for that big weenie run that shows an epic bomb for Super Bowl Sunday. Looks like we'll have a gradient pattern in the long range.

The system for Super Bowl weekend seems to continue to push later and later. System now blowing up Saturday night over the mid-west and deep south and is weaker.

Well....bit of a disappointing run. Still waiting for that big weenie run that shows an epic bomb for Super Bowl Sunday. Looks like we'll have a gradient pattern in the long range.

as long as the gradient is on our side its easy pickings for us. its when were south of it that is the stinker :lmao:

If you really want to talk KU potential, the system on the 28/29 screams KU potential. Massive energy diving, massive ridge out west, and incredible temperature gradient. Didn't HM call this over a week ago? If that's true then that's amazing. The 18z gfs is exactly where you want to be in this range. 

I believe this is what Bernie Rayno was talking about in his latest video. He was hinting (and rather strongly) at MECS potential for the entire east coast.

I believe this is what Bernie Rayno was talking about in his latest video. He was hinting (and rather strongly) at MECS potential for the entire east coast.

If one of these systems phases at the right time it could be a HECS as well. This pattern has surprises in store for us and i think even the most amatuer met can see the pattern and what it can produce

IMO, we are going to get a HECS on Super Bowl weekend.

measuring in feet. IF it can closed off-cutoff, watch the heck out. Would rival blizz of 96 numbers.

From your mouth to my ears buddy. Would LOVE to experience that again, just hope we get our shot. Although truly rivaling 96' would be a task to say the least being ranked up almost on top of NESIS is not easy

As crazy as it sounds, this coastal low on the 28th/29th would actually bring snow to the Outer Banks. I would think that's an extremely rare occurrence.

The average annual snowfall at Cape Hatteras, NC is about an inch...it increases to around 6 inches per year up the coast at Norfolk, VA and to about 13 inches per year further up at Cape May, NJ.

Archived