Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We might have to sacrifice the system on the Super Bowl for the one coming around the 5th/6th. The PV looks to be retreating west into Central Canada and we'll be in a better place for systems to phase in over the south. We actually get what I believe is a triple phaser at hour 348.

Really? Hour 348? Lets step back into reality. The models pooped the bed with this last storm in under 3 days lol jk. Also a triple phaser would most likely go west of us and not up the coast if im not mistaken giving us warm air correct?

We might have to sacrifice the system on the Super Bowl for the one coming around the 5th/6th. The PV looks to be retreating west into Central Canada and we'll be in a better place for systems to phase in over the south. We actually get what I believe is a triple phaser at hour 348.

Not that I'm looking to put much time/effort into Hr 348, but time to start moving some of this into a February discussion thread for more pattern discussion?

Really? Hour 348? Lets step back into reality. The models pooped the bed with this last storm in under 3 days lol jk. Also a triple phaser would most likely go west of us and not up the coast if im not mistaken giving us warm air correct?

Calm yourself, this is a long range discussion thread. Nobody is making a thread for day 14 threats.

Just FYI, what track a triple phaser took in this pattern would depend on the orientation of the polar vortex and timing.

The extended long range is getting extra attention because of the Super Bowl and the implications.

Calm yourself, this is a long range discussion thread. Nobody is making a thread for day 14 threats.

Just FYI, what track a triple phaser took in this pattern would depend on the orientation of the polar vortex and timing.

You calm down! You calm down! ;) didnt mean to come off like an.....idiot just kidding with ya. I was just asking about a typical track of a triple phaser that i know would depend on many factors that would be ironed out closer to the event. 93' was a triple phaser and ran up the west of the apps. I know where the phase takes place is important, and also they are quite rare

You calm down! You calm down! ;) didnt mean to come off like an.....idiot just kidding with ya. I was just asking about a typical track of a triple phaser that i know would depend on many factors that would be ironed out closer to the event. 93' was a triple phaser and ran up the west of the apps. I know where the phase takes place is important, and also they are quite rare

I would just like to clarify that I'm not calling for a triple phaser, I was just giving my interpretation of the model. Anything shown after truncation should be taken with a large grain of salt. Strange things can happen in that range. If it wasn't for the Super Bowl being in New Jersey I wouldn't have even brought it up.

Strong gradient pattern could be setting up for first week of February as the southern stream really starts up while the -EPO and PV stick around providing cold air to our region. Very exciting period coming with numerous snow chances, though there will be some risk of a storm that cuts more inland because of the +NAO so not every event could be snowy.

March 1993 hugged the coast. Had it been even 50-75 miles further east, there would have been 24"+ in all of the major cities.

With above normal heights now building into the higher latitudes over the top of the PNA ridge into Greenland, we have to carefully watch any threat. The first comes around 120hrs...the models are currently too far seaward but are showing a strong signal for a buckling trough. If that tightens up or comes west we are looking at a huge east coast snowstorm potential.

If it doesn't happen with that system we are going to have a multitude of chances beyond that.

It doesn't get much more exciting and active than this.

The Euro nearly gives us a KU from this wave at 150 hours.

March 1993 hugged the coast. Had it been even 50-75 miles further east, there would have been 24"+ in all of the major cities.

Your right. I thought it took a track noticably further west up the apps. I dont know a triple phaser would be nice off the coast but the odds of that happening even in a story book type pattern are rare. 93' was the last true notable one. I know yank just read a model WAY out but we wont know for sure till we get to february 1st what beast were staring down

Your right. I thought it took a track noticably further west up the apps. I dont know a triple phaser would be nice off the coast but the odds of that happening even in a story book type pattern are rare. 93' was the last true notable one. I know yank just read a model WAY out but we wont know for sure till we get to february 1st what beast were staring down

Well, if we do get a '93 redux, sferic will definitely get his wish as DeBlasio would surely close NYC public schools.

The Euro nearly gives us a KU from this wave at 150 hours.

I saw the piece this AM and said , that kinda looks compressed to me , The thought process was the NW  flow  was easterly enough , and I bit on the SB . ( which I still like )  But the 12z GFS was close as is the Euro ,  HM loved this period from 10 days ago .

Just need a slight retrogression of the trough west  and the window opens up again on the EC

I saw the piece this AM and said , that kinda looks compressed to me , The thought process was the NW was easterly enough , and I bit on the SB . ( which I still like )  But the 12z GFS was close as is the Euro ,  HM loved this period from 10 days ago .

Just need a slight retrogression on the trough west  and the window opens up again on the EC

The Euro was way better aloft and at the surface than the GFS...totally different looking set up.

The Euro was way better aloft and at the surface than the GFS...totally different looking set up.

500 MB vorticity is way better on the  Euro ( much tighter )  is way better  at  144 vs  GFS 150 , the surface looked the same to me .

Archived