• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    happyweatherforyou
    Newest Member
    happyweatherforyou
Post snow-pack apocalypse chance for wintry weather heading into Christmas morning

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice coating here, temps plummetted once it ended-roads an icy mess.

Squall might be a stretch. Quick dusting in all surfaces now. Still light snow

Absolutely some low level enhancement. Say what you will but it's overperformed.

More squalls working down

Congrats.  Just some flurries here earlier this evening.  Hopefully, things will whiten a bit on Thursday.

Cooling down here with gusty winds.

18.2/8, gusting to 21mph

Merry Christmas everyone.

Anyway, as I was driving from Northampton to Adams earlier I noted that there was a rather interesting snowpack distribution on the east slope. It immediately increased from nothing to a solid covering as soon as you left NoHo heading up route 9 towards Williamsburg. There had to have been a several inch glacier near Cummington and Goshen, but by the time I reached 2K in Windsor and Savoy it was mostly bare ground. 2K obviously torched while there was a shallow layer of cool air trapped on the lower reaches of the east slope from about 500 to 1,500 feet, which preserved some of the snow there. Once above 1.5K it tapered to mostly nothing. The west slope is pretty much all bare ground, regardless of elevation.

Hope Enough people see this - But....   

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!!  There are even Snow Squalls Out There Tonight!  May Get Lucky if you were a good boy and girl tonight.  Remember Last Year with the Completely Unknown and Unpredicted Snowfall on Christmas Morning??  

Love all you guys.  Really.  Even if I've never met you.  This Forum is a special place for me.   

Hope Enough people see this - But....

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!! There are even Snow Squalls Out There Tonight! May Get Lucky if you were a good boy and girl tonight. Remember Last Year with the Completely Unknown and Unpredicted Snowfall on Christmas Morning??

Love all you guys. Really. Even if I've never met you. This Forum is a special place for me.

Merry Christmas Cory

Anyway, as I was driving from Northampton to Adams earlier I noted that there was a rather interesting snowpack distribution on the east slope. It immediately increased from nothing to a solid covering as soon as you left NoHo heading up route 9 towards Williamsburg. There had to have been a several inch glacier near Cummington and Goshen, but by the time I reached 2K in Windsor and Savoy it was mostly bare ground. 2K obviously torched while there was a shallow layer of cool air trapped on the lower reaches of the east slope from about 500 to 1,500 feet, which preserved some of the snow there. Once above 1.5K it tapered to mostly nothing. The west slope is pretty much all bare ground, regardless of elevation.

Merry Christmas Mitch, I drove through the Berks Sat AM and then Sun Night, amazing, I totally understand Pete's climo now. It was 32 East Berks and climbed to 44 Blandford plaza a mile up, on the way back, 52 Blandford 39 East slope, Westfield was 54.

Merry Christmas to all and your families. And to be pc, Happy Holidays to those of diverse faith. Had a great evening although everyone in the family had colds, not the run of the mill colds either.

Had some weenie flakes fly by the flood lights in Weymouth!! RARE as in this upcoming stretch. (fingers crossed)

Merry Christmas, everyone.

WRT to Mitch's comments above, I went into Shelburne Falls for Mass last night, and down there, it's wall to wall snow--probably 3-4" based on my quick assessment.  Looks like the low areas came through the torch pretty well.  A sharp contrast to the disaster we had up here.

Wintry chill to start Christmas.

8.8/0

Archived