Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
CAD storms thread.

dsaur

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surface Wet-Bulbs at 10AM Sunday (15z).  White line is 32 deg F wet-bulb temperature.  GFS essentially has it in that configuration from 7AM to 7PM Sunday.

kqh.gif

Uggg...this is not looking good for many in NC. Our only saving grace may be latent heat for those not in the at 28 degree death zone. 

ok. Thanks. I never can figure out our weather here since we don't have a local station. We are in Mebane, NC just east of Burlington. I between triad and triangle. So, I look at both. Lol

Be sure to read this thread: http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/29651-weather-references-and-newbie-information/

Just as a heads up try to keep basic questions and discussions that are not related to the specific storm in the banter thread. You'll find people are happy to answer and help there. 

Uggg...this is not looking good for many in NC. Our only saving grace may be latent heat for those not in the at 28 degree death zone. 

Yeah, based on relatively light precip rates, surface temps probably stay a tick above the wet-bulb temp (i.e. not fully saturated at 100% RH).  But does the cooling trend continue a bit more in the coming days on the modeling??

Burger and Disc you happen to see the 2m temps on the 90 hr image?? Yikes big trouble is brewing you got the 850 line over northern pa practically with that big cad all the way down toward the borders

Upper 20's for our area and low 30's into NC.

GEM/Canadian, which has been showing consistently showing the ice storm scenario for the CAD regions of NC for days now, coming in much colder on 12Z run as well.  Keeps 32 degree line down to SC border until 12z Monday morning, with precip still coming down.  Nice hit for NC CAD region if you want an ice storm.  

Per the NAM 

AAjq6cAl.gif

If the placement of the high is being correctly modeled I find it hard to believe we don't see ZR N of i-40 and possibly further south in the damning area if the high sets up correctly.  In these situations it always seems the cold is under estimated and when the CAD takes effect it takes longer than expected to move it out.  Personally I'm pulling for the 32/33 and rain set up.  When you start talking upper 20s with this moisture rolling through, it can get ugly. 

this might should go in the obs thread but here in Nashville our temp went from 68 to 51 in the past hour.... much faster drop then any of the local mets or the NWS had projected. Maybe come good news for seeing more wintry weather here and points further east

Archived