• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
CAD storms thread.

dsaur

This air mass is of true arctic origin and is always underplayed by the models.....If the high is as strong as the models are suggesting, then it's going to be an icy mess from GSO (possibly further south) through S. Va. I've got a very close eye on this one. Then, whenever this much cold is lurking in the center of the country, like next week, you have to be ready for something big to happen between the two competing air masses!!

Post of the YEAR!!!!

Really appreciate both of you posting today! Please come back soon!

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This air mass is of true arctic origin and is always underplayed by the models.....If the high is as strong as the models are suggesting, then it's going to be an icy mess from GSO (possibly further south) through S. Va. I've got a very close eye on this one. Then, whenever this much cold is lurking in the center of the country, like next week, you have to be ready for something big to happen between the two competing air masses!!

I just hope it happens this side of the mts  :lol: 

Post of the YEAR!!!!

Agree.....this is gonna be a mess for someone

Are you implying that the DGEX will lead the way with this one??? ........Not a chance.... Now, I am not saying that we will have a crippling ice storm, but the DGEX is not a model that you should be putting any weight in. We have all learned that lesson many, many times. You know better than that.

since the DGEX is part nam/part GFS, a lot of times the 18z DGEX run shows the hand of the 0z GFS.

We are probably going to hear about flooding in Tennessee...if most of this does not fall in the form of winter weather.

p168i.gif

I'm sure the TVA is face-palming right now trying to figure out WTF to do with the dams.  This record rainfall year has already been a nightmare for them.

The 00z NAM at 84 hours shows a Big Agnes 1048 hp really pressing down. If it is right, I think we'll see some big changes over the next 24 hours in the models.

TW

now that would be a very impressive hp lol.  if we could get one that strong it would lead to some big changes

This is shaping up to be a big deal from Dallas to Memphis. Winter Storm Watches going up in those areas.

The Winter Storm Warning in Dallas in November turned out to be a cold rain. This one looks more promising for them. Crazy they might see their second winter storm warning of the season already.

Watch the reports over the next several days coming out of Ark, Tenn, Tx . Then decide if u want freezing rain, because I will tell u this U WILL NOT get power back on for quite a long time.

With as many people getting hammered u will be on a waiting list not with just local neighbors but your neighbors in the states next to u as well .

Watch the reports over the next several days coming out of Ark, Tenn, Tx . Then decide if u want freezing rain, because I will tell u this U WILL NOT get power back on for quite a long time.

With as many people getting hammered u will be on a waiting list not with just local neighbors but your neighbors in the states next to u as well .

"U" is in another amwx subforum

It's going to come down to the strength of that high to the north. The NAM shows a much stronger high and thus the cold air is able to push farther southward.... Is it right?....don't know yet, but it is still too early to cancel the threat on this one.

It's going to come down to the strength of that high to the north. The NAM shows a much stronger high and thus the cold air is able to push farther southward.... Is it right?....don't know yet, but it is still too early to cancel the threat on this one.

Even with a worse case scenario the ground temps will be too warm and warming temps aloft will only allow for minor elevated icing. A typical minor NC icing event. 

Aren't the GFS and Euro much better than the NAM at 84 hours? I believe that the 84 hour NAM is pretty bad and, therefore, wouldn't put much weight on it while it disagrees with those other two. Opinion? Am I missing something?

Archived