Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December 2013 obs and discussion

Ian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so what is this talk about something on Saturday? My daughters birthday party is on Saturday and my husband and I are heading to DC for his work Holiday party. Of all the days let it not be this one.

DC/Nova/Rockville will get 0 to a slushy mushy inch at best. Frederick will get 6" and I hope you're not driving to Winchester. 

I had to really work my car door open when I went to go warm it up. Pretty sure the whole thing was an ice block.

Couldn't budge the passenger side and luckily got the drivers side open.  Otherwise it would have been going through the back hatch and climbing over seat.  

DC/Nova/Rockville will get 0 to a slushy mushy inch at best. Frederick will get 6" and I hope you're not driving to Winchester. 

Nope not heading to Winchester. Hope it does not mess with my daughters pool party. A balmy 90 deg indoors just may be enough incentive for her party goers to brave the snow. 

Currently sitting at 27 with a 2 hr. delay for school. Liked the slower warm up yesterday as on Monday the rapid "warmth" caused a small avalanche off of our roof. Solar panels will clear your roof very nicely but I had to dig my poor bushes out from under the piles. Yesterday was a nice slow melt and most of the snow is now off just a bit still at the bottom and that should melt with the sun today. 

It has been quite a while since visiting the forum.  Happy to have been in 4 snow events in the past 8 days!

Once winds dropped off temp went down to 10.2 here this morning. Up to 11.8 now at 8:51

Looking forward to the Saturday event... though it makes getting the lights on the house unlikely this year???

The front is still pretty far west too. Should be a nice afternoon before the real cold gets here.

Tomorrow morning is going to be extra cold/nice!

Didn't notice DC zone is mid 20s tomorrow. Big time

Archived