Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December 2013 obs and discussion

Ian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can tell, DCA has never recorded 5 consecutive 60+ days in the 2nd half of December.  Ian, Rodney - prove me wrong.

I'd have to look but tempted to trust you. :P

It is funny.. I would consider this a cold month so far, but I guess the warmth hasn't taken its toll. 

I'd have to look but tempted to trust you. :P

It is funny.. I would consider this a cold month so far, but I guess the warmth hasn't taken its toll. 

Monday's 60s will be early in the morning so the daytime temps may only be in the 50s.  If clouds don't mess things up, this will rank as a true torch period. 

Monday's 60s will be early in the morning so the daytime temps may only be in the 50s.  If clouds don't mess things up, this will rank as a true torch period. 

yeah, both the euro and gfs support it overnight at the least before the cooldown during the day. 

Amazing difference in snowpack once you climb a little in elevation. At my house there is very patchy snow left in the shade but driving to a higher spot on a hill here in Ashburn I saw a decent snowpack in the shade it looked like it had just snowed.

okv still at 57 degrees at 5:15... i live about 10 mi sw of town, temp had already dropped to 37. The last rays of sun disappear earlier behind the hills and ridges to the west, plus greater snow pack and elevation.

Wow...sucks for you. ;)

I'm still at 48. Not bad at all.

Oh, it's not all doom and gloom, ;)

e6upy9u4.jpg

Closer to DC the snow pack is going fast. I had over 90% snow coverage this a.m. at 3 - 4", and this afternoon it was down to 60%. I'm guessing it will all be gone by the end of tomorrow. It was a good run of snow cover though...almost 2 weeks.

I have a bit more but the death of the snow pack will be tomorrow, I'd guess.  Maybe a snow pile or two might last till Sunday.

The high today in Clarksburg was 54.8F at 3:30pm.  It dropped to 37.1F by 6:02pm.  Quick fall due to the remaining snow and calm winds, I'd guess.  It's still at 37F 3 1/2 hours later so it looks like that may be as low as we go.  

Archived