Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December 2013 obs and discussion

Ian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny..six weeks ago it looked to be +3. A year ago a +0. Weird huh?

And 33 or 34 for DCA tomorrow...who would be surprised of a fcst high off by 3 degrees? And is 34 your forecast for DCA Thur?

huh?...It wasn't a comment on NWS or forecasting..it was just a comment on the cold snap not being that impressive... anyway...we hit 35 overnight so that is our likely max.....butthurt much?

huh?...It wasn't a comment on NWS or forecasting..it was just a comment on the cold snap not being that impressive... anyway...we hit 35 overnight so that is our likely max.....butthurt much?

We kind of got hit on both sides, the airmass is slightly warmer than modeled from a few days out, and the miss on the storm killed any chances of a healthy cold snap (-15 to -20).  

we all got screwed by an overnight high

right but people were going mid-to-upper 20s today after stepping up from mid-20s earlier yesterday..  probably disregarding that.. MOS had highs about 30-32 plus we underperformed yesterday. 

Last night is somethng that should be looked at. I had no pulse in temps with passage of front. I guess DCA as the front comes in gets all the mild, street level air from the city pushed onto it and for 5 mintues the temp spikes an inordinate amount, then the last of the mild air is qucikly pushed away and things stablilize. High here so far 29.5 and real story of today is temps remaining in upper 20's to low 30's even with the artificial high of 35 or so.

Last night is somethng that should be looked at. I had no pulse in temps with passage of front. I guess DCA as the front comes in gets all the mild, street level air from the city pushed onto it and for 5 mintues the temp spikes an inordinate amount, then the last of the mild air is qucikly pushed away and things stablilize. High here so far 29.5 and real story of today is temps remaining in upper 20's to low 30's even with the artificial high of 35 or so.

IAD had a spike of 10 degrees and BWI, Andrews and Ft Belvior 9 degrees...DCA's was only 6

Every weather station that I've clicked on had a rise in temps overnight, with a high temp between 1:30am to 3am.  All parts of the metro, including Bethesda.

Yes. Cold.

I'd say stop in and I'd buy you one, but we are heading to the trees and the Yule log soon. Living the life life of tourists!

:o:

Christmas Vacation quote opportunity for me ....

Wait, that didn't work out well last time. Haha

20.4. Low dew point. Might get nipply tonight.

Oops... :)

Archived