Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
Central PA Banter Thread

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided (tentatively) on what I want to build and design to fulfill the senior design project requirement of my degree. A doppler radar. Granted, I lack the resources to build a full scale radar capable of measuring the plethora of parameters that the NWS measures, but it'd be neat to be able to measure precipitation intensity in my backyard, which I think is an attainable goal since intensity is merely a measurement of the strength of returns.

Just thought you guys might find it interesting ;)

Since this is a March storm, can we expect the snow to melt quicker? Or even cut down on the totals? How do you see the increased sunlight making an impact?

It looks to be cold for the remainder of next week. However, any melting would be due to the increased sun angle.

this is why we cant have nice things...

One more and done: LOL

Where's Josh? I guess in school. That kid is so cool. I guess "cool" dates me, but he is cool.

He's in School ! He is a 14 year old MASTERMIND and Yes his PARENTS are fully involved in his participation with us. He comes from a great family ! A lot of the GRAPHICS you see he creates for us with our input.

I kinda hope this system is a complete whiff so they look like idiots. lol

thats what has me mad about that Q&A... they told someone in Armstrong county not to expect much from this system that far northwest... to expect normal power outages for a storm... telling someone that roads around baltimore will be passable monday afternoon...

Archived