Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
November 2013 obs and discussion

usedtobe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about precip? 

2-2.5" everyone east of the mtns.. but even 1"+ out into central WV. Heaviest locally prob overnight Tuesday into Wed.  Probably briefly starts and ends as snow even into the lowlands verbatim.

2-2.5" everyone east of the mtns.. but even 1"+ out into central WV. Heaviest locally prob overnight Tuesday into Wed.  Probably briefly starts and ends as snow even into the lowlands verbatim.

I love it when the models live on different planets during a big travel week and people are so sure they know which model is the most correct.  Occasionally I can do that but most times it's better to equivocate unless you're just doing it for fun or to be first.

I love it when the models live on different planets during a big travel week and people are so sure they know which model is the most correct.  Occasionally I can do that but most times it's better to equivocate unless you're just doing it for fun or to be first.

1"+ out into central WV would mean big snow on the allegheny front presumably?  I could care less what we get here, I'll take 2.5 inches of wind driven rain if it means a foot of snow in Canaan Valley

I hate cold but this is an exciting pattern even if it doesn't snow. If it ends up as cold as shown to end the mo we're going to do some things we haven't in some time.

But Nov 2009 torched so meh.

These are some of the things you see early season: model runs taken verbatim at a long enough range to not focus on specifics. This is the reason I'm excited about December, the pattern is looking ripe and we can succeed with that climo. Its interesting when you really look at the differences in climo are more than minute, opening the door.

I don't know much about the true set up here(of the subforums), but some people don't understand the difficulty to get snow w/i 50 miles of the city/fall line without a significant frontrunning cold shot (in this instance in NOV with the bowling ball set up). Southern PA is not Frederick. There can be sig differences i such a short distance.

Archived