BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
November 2013 obs and discussion

usedtobe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably more correct than not. However, also likely over-done/phased as the Op Euro seems to like to do at this range. Ensembles will be of interest here.

MDstorm

This.  But, remember, the GFS is wrong until the Euro shows what the GFS shows, and then the GFS is right because the Euro shows it.  Or so I understand from DT. 

This.  But, remember, the GFS is wrong until the Euro shows what the GFS shows, and then the GFS is right because the Euro shows it.  Or so I understand from DT. 

LOL.  

I find it uplifting that the Euro is wet.

I'll worry about temps later, either next week, next month, or the next month.

The GFS is a whiff, but its actually a better setup if you wanted snow, it rushes the GL low across so the HP gets time to setup, now we just need the ULL to starty going negative faster. 

18z GFS just totally flattens the northern stream.  H5 low is south of Wilmington.

Because it is the only model way south.

What if it's the first to sniff out the real solution. If memory serves it was the one that first dropped the idea of the last storm.

Still, it doesn't match up well to its latest ensembles. I wouldn't be surprised to see the operational spit out a quite different solution soon.

What if it's the first to sniff out the real solution. If memory serves it was the one that first dropped the idea of the last storm.

Still, it doesn't match up well to its latest ensembles. I wouldn't be surprised to see the operational spit out a quite different solution soon.

That is why I said, does it suck, not it does. CMC never showed a storm with that last event either or UKMET. It is not like the Euro is alone this time. 

GFS idea I think will ultimately win. Weaker low,not much phasing if any and the system will scoot OTS. It had the right idea first last storm. It really don't matter anyhow I for one do not care for storms that are 34 degrees and rain. Still 5 days out though, so anything is still possible.

That's always the question because in terms of verification, though the Euro verifies best, the differences aren't as great as some like to believe.   The fact that the 12Z and 18Z GEFS ensemble members have trended drier and are now about equally divided between the GFS and Euro solutions is cause for not completely buying one solution.  Unfortunately,  I don't get to see the euro ensemble members, only the mean.

Archived