• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
November 2013 obs and discussion

usedtobe

Ji will be going to RIC next week for a chase after he looks at the euro snow maps. 

It's comical in the DC-Balt corridor. Snowhole. 

we've just seen this movie, and not too long ago

it'll be ots like the GFS has it if recent history repeats

there's this little voice in the back of my head (where I still have "some" hair left) whispering 80/81

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of these days people are going to figure out that you need precip for snow.  You need that FIRST.  All of the worry about cold.....it will be very comforting if it's about 28 degrees next wed and partly cloudy.  At least its cold can be the chant.

There's plenty of precip on the euro. 1" runs right up I95.  .5" out your way and 1.5 - 2" near the bay. 

This run is close to one of the only ways I think we get snow out of this. 850's are way too borderline to get a close pass with a wrapped up low. 

HP to the N isn't very strong but at least the position keeps the flow from going NE. 

I just want to see flakes falling for a little while. That reality is baby stepping closer every day. 

December 5th looks like 1-2"

lol- i saw that....and then realized that there is a potential for a phase between the ns/ss..... 

that 1-2 comes from a weak ns vort and the bigger vort through the sw just kinda fizzles. Early Dec definitely has some signs of being active. Should be fun. 

This pattern we're in shows  potential for a surprising early winter. 18Z run looks like a snow/rain mix out here which is always great in my book as far as tracking a storm. Accumulating snow in late November is always problematical but a coastal whether rain or snow is fun. Plus LR seems to indicate more cold shots. For this time of year, it doesn't get much better than that.

You can tell winter is approaching since many of the members who have been hibernating since March have reappeared.

I can't wait for the gleeful posts from the CHO crew. :axe: New snow capital of the MA.

I can't deal with more heartbreak watching it snow to the south this year. I've got to chase.

Damn I wish I didn't trade my Jeep for my Mustang...

Let's be honest here, people that live in the south just don't deserve the snow. They have beaches and hot women, do they really need to take our snow? We need to work out some sort of agreement that they will no longer take our snow.

The south is the new snow capital! I wonder how many fluke snow events we can pull off here this year.. I ended up with several inches from winter storm Nemo last year when we were only expecting little to none from it. Hoping you guys up in the NoVa area cash in at some point this winter though.

The south is the new snow capital! I wonder how many fluke snow events we can pull off here this year.. I ended up with several inches from winter storm Nemo last year when we were only expecting little to none from it. Hoping you guys up in the NoVa area cash in at some point this winter though.

-5 for using the term "winter storm nemo" in a post.

1000mb off of Hatteras around 171... looks like not much if any northern stream interaction this run.. nice looking run

Is that CAD I see the GFS trying to show?  Interesting that the GFS would have that on Day 8

Skims us and goes out to sea... believe Matt had posted about that... looks like some flurries or snowshowers Thanksgiving morning

Is that CAD I see the GFS trying to show?  Interesting that the GFS would have that on Day 8

I did notice that CAD signal, pretty strong signal too... interesting. And I am not sure I buy this stream separation.. There is a definite weakness in the jet streams during this time of year evident by all the cut-off SW's showing up at H5. Type of pattern makes forecasting storms like this tough but still one of the better GFS runs ive seen in the last few days.

Archived