Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dave i finally made it down some "respectable" runs.....not real respectable...but heck ralph's run is a good time for me so far. i'm on my way.

also what do you do during vaca times with bronze pass....kinda stinks for the week after xmas

temp droppin quickly.........hoping this piece of energy is potent and enough for SNE wednite.

also any shot of that crap in DWN EASt maine making it's way to NE mass or vicinity.

Night only - same thing with Feb vaca, MLK

Nice little snow in Leominster today

Man the general weather side is unbearable..All they do is talk about the GFS and then when you make a post about something wx related they delete it. I was against subforums and I was dead wrong. I am so glad I don't have to interact with that nonsense over there. No wonder people get so upset over there

I don't even bother, Much more knowledgeable and realistic people here.........

Man the general weather side is unbearable..All they do is talk about the GFS and then when you make a post about something wx related they delete it. I was against subforums and I was dead wrong. I am so glad I don't have to interact with that nonsense over there. No wonder people get so upset over there

yeah, we really lucked out. These subforums are great.

Funny how people are so paranoid about the Euro. It had 2 runs of a biggie. A hiccup. We got sucked in, sure, but it's still the king. One mistake doesn't end it. You're right in what you posted and we should still remember the GFS is below it.

That one event does not make the playing field level to the degree where we should take the 18z GFS as the answer. Sample size much? It's ridiculous. The Euro is king until it matches the failures of the GFS has accumulated over time, and it has repeatedly beaten it in situations like this before.

Funny how people are so paranoid about the Euro. It had 2 runs of a biggie. A hiccup. We got sucked in, sure, but it's still the king. One mistake doesn't end it. You're right in what you posted and we should still remember the GFS is below it.

That one event does not make the playing field level to the degree where we should take the 18z GFS as the answer. Sample size much? It's ridiculous. The Euro is king until it matches the failures of the GFS has accumulated over time, and it has repeatedly beaten it in situations like this before.

Careful..don't say anything negative about the GFS..It's wx related and Ian will delete it

Ok thanks for the information Scott. Do you think there is potential for the banding to come further south then modeled?

Well anytime you have a TROWAL like feature and inv trough..there is always bust potential. Someone will get more...some get less, but again..it's sort of a nowcast thing. The Cape certainly will get the moisture thanks to longitude. There will certainly be a cutoff from sw-ne These things seem to always like areas from ORH-EWB on northeast, but they can extend farther south.

Well anytime you have a TROWAL like feature and inv trough..there is always bust potential. Someone will get more...some get less, but again..it's sort of a nowcast thing. The Cape certainly will get the moisture thanks to longitude. There will certainly be a cutoff from sw-ne These things seem to always like areas from ORH-EWB on northeast, but they can extend farther south.

Ok thanks, I will certaintly pay attention to the now casting.

Very well said which is why the euro ens isn't a bad way to go.

For me personally, dating back as long as I've watched the weather I never remember a 144 hr GGEM bomb even coming close to verifying. That's why I'm in diminished expectation mode.

Very well said which is why the euro ens isn't a bad way to go.

For me personally, dating back as long as I've watched the weather I never remember a 144 hr GGEM bomb even coming close to verifying. That's why I'm in diminished expectation mode.

Thank you. As for the GGEM, do you think that could be a pure coincidence or a case of blind squirrel/nut? I don't have a feel for it really whatsoever, but if that's the case I would be worried, too.

I won't anymore either. Ian is now deleting wx related posts. Before it was banter..but when they start deleting weather posts..enough is enough. LOL..last time I checked it was a wx board

Thats ridiculous, Some people should not be allowed to have that type of authority, Thats a little over the top........ :yikes:

was enjoying the snow so much i want more. it's like snow-crack

speaking of which.... HM posted a VERY BULLISH post for a Monster of a storm to form along the east coast and it seems all the ingredients are coming together for something memorable sun-mon. now i understand everyone heard about this threat...but some of the notable mets i follow on the general board are getting excited like i haven't seen. this is some of the same energy that is giving S Ca a foot of rain and 12 feet of snow. i am getting giddy .....the board is gonna light up like a christmas tree.....don't cut inland dont' cut inland please.

back to the appetizer. hope it drop enough for a area wide white christmas. we earned it.

Archived