Monty
December 21-22 inverted trough/retro precip midweek threat

MaineJayhawk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most areas east of the river see accumulating snow per models Wed nite

lol

first of all you said this coming weekend's storm would be a miss so not worth talking about... and my forecast for Wednesday (last Friday) was flurries or light snow. I think my forecast was superb and your forecast was atrocious.

Looking at the Nam I would say we can expect a dusting to maybe an inch in SW Conn, to as much as 5" across much of New England

snows will reach warning level criteria across the northern ski areas and possibly the mid and downeast coast of Maine.

lol

first of all you said this coming weekend's storm would be a miss so not worth talking about... and my forecast for Wednesday (last Friday) was flurries or light snow. I think my forecast was superb and your forecast was atrocious.

Just so we are clear..you are 100% against accumulating snow anywhere in CT tomorrow nite. Just want to make sure we all know where you stand

Just so we are clear..you are 100% against accumulating snow anywhere in CT tomorrow nite. Just want to make sure we all know where you stand

My forecast was for flurries or light snow. Would I be surprised if some of the hill towns in eastern CT get an inch? not at all... but at leats 90% of the state won't see much of anything.

An inch of snow in hilltowns that normally get a lot of snow isn't a big deal and not something I would go out of my way to talk about... especially in a day 5 forecast.

It's too bad you can't give credit where credit is due and realize just how terrible your "locks" and wishcasts have been this winter.

My forecast was for flurries or light snow. Would I be surprised if some of the hill towns in eastern CT get an inch? not at all... but at leats 90% of the state won't see much of anything.

An inch of snow in hilltowns that normally get a lot of snow isn't a big deal and not something I would go out of my way to talk about... especially in a day 5 forecast.

It's too bad you can't give credit where credit is due and realize just how terrible your "locks" and wishcasts have been this winter.

:lol:

That's the way it is at most city TV stations... like growing up in Albany it was always up to an inch of snow in the Catskills/Adirondacks/Berkshires or any of those hilltowns wouldn't even get a mention. Meanwhile, an inch or two in downtown Albany means a live crew out on the street in the snow, haha.

I would have to imagine your largest population base is not in Union, CT where they might need to send out one salt truck without a plow.

:lol:

That's the way it is at most city TV stations... like growing up in Albany it was always up to an inch of snow in the Catskills/Adirondacks/Berkshires or any of those hilltowns wouldn't even get a mention. Meanwhile, an inch or two in downtown Albany means a live crew out on the street in the snow, haha.

I would have to imagine your largest population base is not in Union, CT where they might need to send out one salt truck without a plow.

Yeah... and people in the hills know that they get more snow and it's generally much lower impact than an inch of snow on the highway during rush hour in the city.

Yeah not much. It's going to be tough down here to get much. These things are so fickle.

In Kevin's defense, if the 4km local BTV WRF model is correct (and that's a big IF)... Union, CT gets over .25" of QPF from Wed 12z to Thurs 12z (second image below).

However... for a good laugh, look at the upslope regions of northern VT and northern NH... particularly the upslope region on the northern slope of the Whites/Presidentials.

The model is showing over 1" of QPF from Franconia to Gorham, NH through 12z tomorrow... followed by another 1.6" of QPF through 12z Thursday for that area. In a 48 hour total, its showing like a 1.5" to almost 3" QPF event in the NH upslope zone, haha. Mansfield and Jay Peak in the VT upslope region sees over 1.5" of QPF over the two days.

No way in hell is this system *that* juicy.

Verbatim it is showing over 2 feet of snow on the northern slope of the Whites from Franconia to Gorham... with partly cloudy skies on the southern slope. Wow, what a terrain induced gradient in NH.

People should be kind to the dellusional people. Ti's the season after all.

dave i finally made it down some "respectable" runs.....not real respectable...but heck ralph's run is a good time for me so far. i'm on my way.

also what do you do during vaca times with bronze pass....kinda stinks for the week after xmas

temp droppin quickly.........hoping this piece of energy is potent and enough for SNE wednite.

also any shot of that crap in DWN EASt maine making it's way to NE mass or vicinity.

Archived