• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA
2013-14 Lakes/Ohio Valley Forum Snowfall Contest

Chicago Storm

Alpena has been a disaster for years now, they can't buy an above normal winter.

2010-11 was well above normal for APN. And 2008-09 was the second snowiest season on record for Alpena. An above normal stretch from 2000-01 to 2006-07 too, and close to normal in 2007-08. Other than that, yeah...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2010-11 was well above normal for APN. And 2008-09 was the second snowiest season on record for Alpena. An above normal stretch from 2000-01 to 2006-07 too, and close to normal in 2007-08. Other than that, yeah...

:lmao: Guess someone needs to look at climo charts more before saying that Alpena can't buy an above normal snowfall for the winter.

• 2 weeks later...

LSE only managed 1.5" snow from the deep low and are stuck at 38.7" (2.7" to go), and thanks to SSC I see that YYZ is at 41.5" which is a mere 1.5" to go. Think these two are 99% likely to reach the OVER status. Alpena and Marquette are plodding along with about 4" added to my last reports, not on any sort of credible pace to reach OVER. So we are at 14/18 waiting a few days to reach 16. After that it may be pretty much a done deal.

YYZ nipher officially in the over camp. 43.2".

LSE has straggled in too, at 41.7 inches. That makes 16/18 by my unofficial count. APN and MQT will take some prodigious efforts given that Lake Superior is frozen over and so is most of Lake Huron and much of Lake Michigan.

APN has the better chance of the two, sitting at 55.8" thus needing 21 inches in March. MQT needs 55.2" and that seems pretty much impossible. (my stats for MQT include 3.5" before the contest began, the contest period thus being 126.0" rather than the seasonal total of 129.5")

• 1 month later...

Archived